Peak District itinerary?

Name
Joe
Edit My Images
Yes
This weekend I am heading up to the Peaks, as I only live South Derbyshire.

Heading up on the Friday evening to catch a sunset somewhere, staying at the cheapest B&B I can find, and hope to catch a sunrise. Then repeat for sat/sun.

So far I have decided to stay in a B&B on night 1 along Snakes pass, so that I can catch a sunset at Mam Tor, or Ladybower Res/Plug hole. Then do the other one for sunrise..

Then go to some caves/little towns during the day... and move south slightly for sunset...

My problem is that I need to keep the mrs entertained / fed / wine'd up...

This is where I am up to..

Can anyone provide some insight into how I can make my way from north of the district, to the south, filling my time, keeping the mrs happy, and getting some key sunset/rises?

I'd like to get over to bakewell, and buxton during the trip.

Hope this is in t' right section :)

There's a load of good out door shops in Hathsage. A few nice pubs in Castelton and Edale for lunch/tea.

There's a decent car boot sale in hope on Sunday morning. Should keep the better half busy for an hour or two.

Also, the Tour de France comes through this weekend. On Sunday it will be on Woodhead A628. It may be pretty busy this weekend along Snakepass.

Le Tour comes through Holmfirth, over Holme Moss, Woodhead Pass, and down to Sheffield on Sunday. There are loads of road closures in that area, which will have a knock on effect on other routes. The Snake Pass will be the only route across to Manchester open on Sunday, with the A628 and A635 closed from Saturday evening, so expect it to be busy.
Other than that, there's shops and food in Hathersage, Castleton and Hope, and some nice scenic roads in the Edale valley.

Thanks for the help chaps. The resevoir was very low so no scope for photos there.

Had a good time. Mam tor and castleton were great.. Then I was just driving around aimlessly, apart from looking at Monsal Dale.

I need to look more into locations, and doing less on one trip.

Joe

Back