Peak Imaging

Name
Andy Grant
Edit My Images
Yes
I just thought that I would comment on the service from Peak Imaging as we often bring up flaws with companies but we don't often praise them for doing well.
Over the past 2 weeks I have sent 8 rolls of film on 3 occasions to PI and on all 3 occasions they were back in 48 hours. Not only that but the negs are clean and well packaged and when I made a bit of a booboo filling in the last order form a very nice young lady phoned me up to ask for clarification of the order, top work all round. (y)

I've spent a couple of years using different developers but Peak are the best I've used, well done and a big up from me.:clap::clap::clap:

Andy

I've only had great service from peak, used them from the start on reccomendation and i see no reason to change now. (y) :clap:

I had a small problem with PI, but was sorted out very promptly. So a Great after sales service too. Keep up the good work..

i always use them now, fab service and they give you lovely little boxes for your 120 rolls. Top bananas.

Maybe these remarks should be added to the "film developing in the uk" thread as I have sent people there from other forums when they have asked "where to send my films in the UK".

i always use them now, fab service and they give you lovely little boxes for your 120 rolls. Top bananas.

What little boxes? I'm so easily impressed by these things I'm likely to change my lab of choice just to get my 120 film in a little box :LOL:

Always used them for colour. Fantastic turn around time and never had an issue. They even sent me some LF boxes on request free of charge as I didn't have any spares to send further orders.

Nice to know, I had a look at there site and grabbed the price PDF.
However it confused me so much I took my snaps to Jessops.

Yeh, its much more cost effective to buy something like an Epson V500 and do your own, 10 scanned films and it pays for itself.

I have never used them, started with The Darkroom and never felt any reason to change. I can post a film on the Monday and have it back on Wednesday.

May give Peak a whirl

these ones

Oh those little boxes, I had in mind something more substantial, but I agree it does make posting off films nice and simple and I'd forgotten they were free post. I'm pretty sure the only reason I took my business to The Darkroom was their free post both ways which is now sadly no more :( I may give Peak another go. I cant remember but do Peak return negs in standard size Kenro sleeves and slides in boxes?

Last edited:
Maybe these remarks should be added to the "film developing in the uk" thread as I have sent people there from other forums when they have asked "where to send my films in the UK".

Rather than either copy the comments, or merge them into the other thread, i've posted a linky to this one in there... (y)

Yeh, its much more cost effective to buy something like an Epson V500 and do your own, 10 scanned films and it pays for itself.

Although I agree and went that route myself for the same reasons its quite a steep learning curve to scan to a similar quality. I don't usually do much (ok, any.... ) post processing and you do need to for comparable results.

And another vote for Peak Imaging from me. It was the other thread that pointed me to them for 120 colour and I have been very impressed with the service. Not tried their scanning though - still trying to do that myself!

Mark

I just thought that I would comment on the service from Peak Imaging as we often bring up flaws with companies but we don't often praise them for doing well.
Over the past 2 weeks I have sent 8 rolls of film on 3 occasions to PI and on all 3 occasions they were back in 48 hours. Not only that but the negs are clean and well packaged and when I made a bit of a booboo filling in the last order form a very nice young lady phoned me up to ask for clarification of the order, top work all round. (y)

I've spent a couple of years using different developers but Peak are the best I've used, well done and a big up from me.:clap::clap::clap:

Andy

My experience too - excellent service! (y)

With regard to Peak's little boxes, do you chaps wrap anything around your 120 rolls before popping them in the box? I have been rolling them in thin bubble wrap - is that being a bit ott?

Mark

I just pop 'em in and send 'em off, never had a problem so far.

Andy

With regard to Peak's little boxes, do you chaps wrap anything around your 120 rolls before popping them in the box? I have been rolling them in thin bubble wrap - is that being a bit ott?

Mark

The only time I'll wrap 120 film is if it's a bit "loose rolled" like you sometimes get with Holgas etc. In that case, I'll wrap it in a later of Aluminium Foil, just to try and minimise any light leakage.

This is great to know as I was planning to use them to help clear my backlog of exposed films.

I seem to be getting lazy when it comes to rolling up the sleeves and mixing up some chemicals. Fine once I get going but the initial startup energy is lacking.

Last edited:
Well four rolls despatched in the little white box - not wrapped but I did wedge a bit in the end to stop them rattling!

Mark

but i found the postage is a bit pricy .....would lik to try it tho

Its not as pricey as some and they send you a freepost box back after your first order so you only pay one way.

And I find that box is only suitable for 120 film but not big enough for 135 film. Good and fast service though.

Ive never had a problem fitting 35mm into their boxes, I know they can be tricky but are you sure you've got the hang of boxes :thinking:

Good to see so many good comments about Peak, seems they are doing a good job.

Last edited:
I was looking at the Peak Imaging website earlier. Am I really reading it right that it's the same price for C-41 and E-6 dev only? If so, i know where I'm sending my next set of slide films.

Yes, same price. Just had four rolls back this morning from them, two of each and they were all charged at £4.55 each.

Mark

Yep, same price.

And they do cross processing too....some places wont

Are the E6 mounted for the £4.90 for 36? I can live with cardboard mounts for cheap as chips money :)

Are the E6 mounted for the £4.90 for 36? I can live with cardboard mounts for cheap as chips money

No E6 36 mounted are £7.70 + £3.50 postage as they are too big to qualify for the single film postage price.

OK I want to try Peak, but I have to say I'm totally bemused by the ordering process... as in, I can't work out what to do! There's an online ordering service that says I have to upload an image (of what? I'm after process only from films) and pay £5. Or, there's a PDF order form, but in that case I'm not sure how to pay. What do you do?

Download and print the order form, fill in all the relevant order details... and on the back page (page 2) is the place you fill in card number and calculate the total. They charge the card that total (if calculated correctly) and send to the address on the first page. Remember to add return postage to the total. Postage to them is free and you use the freepost address on the bottom of page 1. Wang the film and form onto an envelope and send. Then wait. Simples :D

You only ever need to print it once as they send you a printed order form every time you use them.

Last edited:
OK I want to try Peak, but I have to say I'm totally bemused by the ordering process... as in, I can't work out what to do! There's an online ordering service that says I have to upload an image (of what? I'm after process only from films) and pay £5. Or, there's a PDF order form, but in that case I'm not sure how to pay. What do you do?

The online service is only for uploading images to be printed, everything else has to be done on the paper form.

Back