Peak Imaging

Edit My Images
Yes
I was just getting around to getting my first couple of rolls processed, but, I cant work out the pricing and ordering on the website.

I want to get the pictures put on CD as i dont have a decent scanner just now.

So am i right in thinking that would be 2x14.95 + 2.50pp ?

Second thing is the order form which might aswell be in chinese, what bit do you fill in if you want the pictures put on CD?

And i thought getting a decent picture would be the hard part.

35mm film?

If so choose which of the following you want
2008-09-05_215740.jpg

and put the title of the one you choose IE "CD Archive" in the "Other Services" box
2008-09-05_215855.jpg

if you are doing 2 films just put "2x CD Archive 24 exposure negative film" and then the total "£29.40" in the box at the side, if you are doing nothing else then put that again in the total box at the bottom of that other services box.

Then put that total in the "Total Order Value" box on the right

Add the £2.50 P&P

and put the final total in the total box :)

(Can you guess i did this myself the other week?)

EDIT - Looking at the prices you gave you seem to have picked the 120 service, so just change the titles as appropriate :)

I was just getting around to getting my first couple of rolls processed, but, I cant work out the pricing and ordering on the website.

Used them a lot when I worked on film. They don't help themselves at all. It never was very clear. A number of times I sent them films and my credit card number and put in special instructions "oh whatever your pricing is, something below £XXX". To make it worse they used to run a point scheme to confuse everyone.... and then a discount scheme for more than 3 films...

So am i right in thinking that would be 2x14.95 + 2.50pp ?

Second thing is the order form which might aswell be in chinese, what bit do you fill in if you want the pictures put on CD?

36 exposure film is £10.96 to process and have 6" by 4" prints. CD is another £5.25. Process only is £3.68 for a 36 exposure film. So would guess that process only with scanning to CD would be £3.68 plus £5.25 per film - total £8.93 per film - then plus postage.

You could email them to clarify. Or you could put it on the special instructions bit of the order form and either hope or ask them to ring you to clarify as you send the order in. :shrug:

The good news is that they do seem to be scrupilously honest, and do very good processing, if you can stand the pain of the ordering process. :bang:

Hope that helps a little....

Sue

yep, 120 film,

Just wanted to make sure I got it right so its as little hassle as possible.

I think at that cost I might invest in a scanner quite soon.

Thanks for the replies.

35mm film?

if you are doing 2 films just put "2x CD Archive 24 exposure negative film" and then the total "£29.40" in the box at the side, if you are doing nothing else then put that again in the total box at the bottom of that other services box.

Then put that total in the "Total Order Value" box on the right

Add the £2.50 P&P

and put the final total in the total box :)

Thats a real good indication that two people looking at the site get two different answers.

Good luck!!!!

personally i would take them too a local shop and get them too do it places like boots, asda, tesco's morrisons etc etc

I used to get just my 120 done with peak now i get all my film processed there, they can't be beaten on quality even though they are a bit pricey. They really are the best for professional prints, i would never bother with supermarkets now its only a difference of a couple of quid!

That's expensive. What added value do they offer?

Not sure about the CD thingy but standard processing and printing costs £7 all in. That includes postage there and back, processing and standard sized prints for a 24 exp bnw film.

Used peak for my first roll of MF, and will be doing the same with the next couple - returned within a week, complete with the high quality scans to CD.

I can see the problem! I use http://www.the-darkroom.co.uk but they don't help themselves as they don't show their prices on their website.
Neg film scanned to 4.5Mb is £7.60
Tran film scanned is £9.10 - and that includes postage. Good company judging by the results. They seem to advertise quite a bit in BW Photography and Outdoor Photo magazines.

I've been using Peak Imaging for years and have never had a problem. Films always come back in a few days well packaged and spotless. I only tend to use them for E6 & B&W developing though, not for prints or scans.

Back