Peek a boo!

Always wanted to do these. I'd crop a significant section off the top and lose some of that gap in the background as well as lift the vole to the top 3rd.

Lovely!

I would not crop it as I like to see the environment
in a take but I would tone down the FG fallen log
as it blocks a deeper penetration in the picture and
fights for attention with the subject.

Something in this suggested direction…

molepp.jpg

Merci,
Appreciate the edit, agree it looks better - Guess I need to work on my pp skills. Thanks for taking the time,

John

Ha fast little guys aren't they john,the devil's own to frame !! You did well mate,I like Daniels edit. John what were the techs and gear please curious as always. We see a few here each year late summer,god knows where they are the rest of the year .

Lovely mate just lovely

Stu

Ha fast little guys aren't they john,the devil's own to frame !! You did well mate,I like Daniels edit. John what were the techs and gear please curious as always. We see a few here each year late summer,god knows where they are the rest of the year .

Lovely mate just lovely

Stu
Stu,

Yep, very fast.There is a location near my UK head office that I go to regularly for woodland birds but they have these around the site - makes it more of a challenge than most of teh birds!!! Taken with a canon 7D mkii, 100-400 mkii, f5.6@1/200. Early morning and not great light. For every one with teh full animal I have dozens with no vole, part of a vole, blurred vole etc!!
If you are ever near Gatwick i can recommend a place.
Cheers

John

Thankyou mate that is very kind,ha I'm a bit scared of those city places though like datlondon:eek::D i'm such a hermit.

They really are pocket rockets I know exactly what your saying I think my lass had been feeding ours and they were just a bit less frit than normal as she'd be watching them and bashing about with the front door open so they were a bit used to her when I got a chance, but they don't half move,but wicked little guys to make images of,got a real soft spot for them mate really have
cheers for the kindness John were are ya based roughly mate? I somehow thought you were up north for some reason

stu

Thankyou mate that is very kind,ha I'm a bit scared of those city places though like datlondon:eek::D i'm such a hermit.

They really are pocket rockets I know exactly what your saying I think my lass had been feeding ours and they were just a bit less frit than normal as she'd be watching them and bashing about with the front door open so they were a bit used to her when I got a chance, but they don't half move,but wicked little guys to make images of,got a real soft spot for them mate really have
cheers for the kindness John were are ya based roughly mate? I somehow thought you were up north for some reason

stu
Stu,
Currently live in a village between Newbury and Reading in Berkshire - House is up for sale, want to move North, back home - Northumberland / Scotland. Looking to get wee bit of land for obvious reasons!
Cheers
John

Cheers blue,sorry slow mate had a lot to deal with last few days more than a bit brain dead of late and consequently missing stuff. All the luck with the move, John I really mean that, somewhere completely remote up north is incredibly appealing especially with land too ahh mate I best not go there

speak soon kiddo

stu

Back