Wales Pembrokeshire, St David's area

Name
Sara
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello all ... Just booked a week in a lovely holiday cottage in Pembrokeshire, near Solva. We're going the first week in June. We love to walk with our dog ... Beaches, coastal paths, inland areas etc. any ideas for places to photograph while we're there would be much appreciated.? Many thanks .....

Oh my, love it, Small cottages on a farm, with a large grass area? I've a feeling we stayed there a couple of years ago.
Literally just hop, along the coast road bay to bay.
I'll find some examples

Edit - ok swapped to PC

Check out the work of David Wilson: http://www.davidwilsonphotography.co.uk/

Solva itself is great for photos, Royal George pub does good food, is very dog friendly.

St davids of course. Head into the tourist centre, its a gallery as well.
head north and go bay to bay, beautiful deserted beaches and coves.
The blue lagoon at Abereiddy

http://www.visitpembrokeshire.com/

oh - the sunsets:
147092446.jpg

Porthgain Harbour (good pub food)
147092448.jpg

Newgale beach
147092450.jpg

probably my most fav place in the uk.

Last edited:
Great stuff, thanks. We will be just outside Solva so great recommendation. Love a pub we can take the dog into. Never been to that part of Wales before, so really looking forward to it now. I'll try to post some pics when we get back.

Solva is pretty, I think we stayed in a cottage at nine wells.
Honestly you can't go wrong around there. If you get out a little more south head to dale, which again has a good pub, sailing and a jetty people crab from. But before you get there is a small car park area in a bay and there's a nature reserve. Walk to the left of the bay from the car park and there's a small dam and stepping stones across the river.
If you go that way, pop down and see the lighthouse. You can't rent it put, we stayed there once :)

If you don't mind a drive head South to Pembroke then onto Bosherton Lakes, National Trust lily ponds and Broad Haven South beach.
Just checked its 1hr 10mins according to google maps. We combined it with a visit to Pembroke Castle with dog.

Back