Pen-y-benglog

Name
Keiran
Edit My Images
Yes
I took a drive out to Pen-y-benglog from Groeslon whilst visiting family this week after seeing a few images posted on here. Unfortunately the weather wasn't too brilliant but managed to get a few images in between showers :)

12933018_10156764935550181_7277501235771760043_n.jpg

12592522_10156764935475181_6571060791057297948_n.jpg

Last edited:

I much prefer take #2, though a keystone tweak
would not hurt, I think a WB adjustment is most
likely to benefit the shot.

As for #1, a bit of work on the mid-tonal values
would improve the scene.

Last edited:
Is the second one at the end of the lake next to the A5, just before the road drops steeply downhill (by the youth hostel?)

Just spent 4 days in the area myself. Despite the weather theres some great images coming out from people.

The 1st and 2nd images are just across the road from each other right next to the hostel. There's definitely not a lack of photo opportunities in the area. I drove the full route from caernarfon and back around the A5 to Llanberis. It's stunning.

Cheers.
Did you go up the path next to the hostel for the waterfall, or just down from the hostel for the shot down the valley? Both beautiful locations.
Definately agree about the area, we spent a week last last October in Anglesea, and just a few days around snowdonia. On my list to revisit asap. So much to see, do and photograph

I walked to the waterfall but wasn't really dressed for the trek up to the lake at the top. Apparently it's worth it though. Beautiful part of the country. I will be back for a few weeks during summer so will hopefully get more chances with weather being fine.

Back