`Pen Y Fan`

Sorry Mike…
it looks illogical to me that the snowy top facing the Sun is
darker than the slope…

Don't think it is,…

…looking at it again…

It looks more like a consequence of taming the sky highlights…
Maybe Mike could bring some "light" on this…

Cheers all. It is a blend of two exposures as I dont use filters. One exposure for the sky and another for the foreground so as K says, its probably through holding back the sky and being `under enthusiastic` with the eraser tool on the peak.

Cheers all. It is a blend of two exposures as I dont use filters. One exposure for the sky and another for the foreground so as K says, its probably through holding back the sky and being `under enthusiastic` with the eraser tool on the peak.

Possibly a combination of all, then. :D

"Cracking" shot Mike, nothing really more to be said.(y)

George.

Love this Mike, nothing like a bit of Fan Dance! That is beautifully shot too, the path gives a nice lead in too Mike. I really like those pastel gradients in the sky. I think the light is about what I'd expect to see on the slopes. That was well worth the trip;)

Lovely shot Mike. Well worth the effort.

Nicely rewarded for an early morning hump up to the top. Hopefully the sandwich bar was waiting in the car park on your return.

Very nice picture, lovely sunrise when I was in work yesterday. Off today and it is back to the usual rain followed by rain:)

Beautiful image, it brings back memories as it used to be an old stomping ground of mine.

Back