Pencil Sharpening. Now thats colourful!

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
Yes
I was doing some drawing last night and notice all the wonderful colours falling on the table from the various sharpenings.. I decided to take a picture, mainly because of the riot of colour before me.

Comments welcomed.

Thanks!

Pencils by boccers, on Flickr

that is brilliant did you take one without the pencil's there thing that would look good too

I sure did. I havent worked those ones up yet (I took a couple with just the little shavings straight on with a small aperture). Could be fun to get it blown up and hung on the wall. Looks very abstract.

I'll work on it when I get home.

Oh and thanks for looking and commenting. It is appreciated.

Really nice! Good eye for seeing it! Not everyone would see there was an image there to be made...

I sure did. I havent worked those ones up yet (I took a couple with just the little shavings straight on with a small aperture). Could be fun to get it blown up and hung on the wall. Looks very abstract.

I'll work on it when I get home.

Oh and thanks for looking and commenting. It is appreciated.

that is what i was thinking ie the abstract part as soon as i had seen it it made me wonder

Really nice! Good eye for seeing it! Not everyone would see there was an image there to be made...

Thanks! I was aware there are lots of pictures of coloured pencils but hadnt seen any with the shavings before (although there will undoubtedly be thousands out there im sure)

You know, this would make a superb large print to hang somewhere like an art supply shop, something like that. Fantastic colours.

Very nice indeed! :clap:
I prefer the one with the pencils in, I think they add to the whole meaning of the shot.
Great idea, might have to 'borrow' it. (y)

Very colourful and sharp. Shows that we don't have to be outside to take great shots.

Really lovely,

Like the pencils in the first one the DOF gives it real feeling and as already stated would make a good large print.

The second is still eyecatching, At first I was not sure being flat but its grown on me, Just one thing with the second one, clone out the hair slightly left of centre in the bottom quarter, it draws the eye. But both nice images.

Bet you will be finding shavings for a month!

killwilly said:
A great idea. Are they watercolour pencils?

Thanks. Nope, normal colour pencils. The shavings are tiny. I just flicked them off the wooden shavings into a small bowl as I sharpened and then spread them when I had enough. All very abstract but I like the outcome.

Back