Daily Penguins 366 day challenge - 2012 (day 14 added)

Edit My Images
Yes
Hey guys I'm doing the 366 day challenge, but I'm not sure whether to post the pics as I'm new to this and my pictures are pretty poor. :thinking:

I don't think much about my pictures, I just snap away.. so maybe having criticism will help - I just remember posting to a different photography forum a while ago and they made fun of my pictures :shrug:

Last edited:
Nobody will make fun. The point is to have fun, as long as you are having fun that is the most important aspect.
If you then get help and crit along the way its a bonus.

Post away, i'd like to see them.

I like these :) only comment i have for the last one is the framing... edge to edge and the horizon is wonky... but i like this set so far :)

Nice set of photos! Good luck with your challenge.

Number 5 could be straightened with photoshop, or I used the free linux image editor called gimp. They allow you to rotate images in very small increments so you can get the horizon level.

Day 7... Busy revising for big exam tuesday so here is a quick pic. Not happy with it at all, cropped out some stuff from the background and put some filter thing over it in lightroom, because I can't bare looking at my face in it's full glory. P.s my head isn't massive, I have big hair.

Day 7 by Chazsucks, on Flickr

Day 8 - playing with my first non kit, non zoomy lens :D

Was a lot more challenging than I thought - and this was pretty much the only clear picture I got so here it is :D made less orange in lightroom and cloned out a couple of marks from where his brother scratched him :O in photoshop.

Got some advice on this thread http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=377685

Anyway here it is

Day 8 by Chazsucks, on Flickr

Good pictures so far, I like the last one, and saw the thread, it looks much better without the yellow colour cast.

And I bet you're loving the prime lens now arn't you? It's amazing what a difference upgrading from a kit one makes.

Ok so adding yesterdays picture now. Had a huge exam today - left house at 11am and got home at 7pm complete with blisters on two fingers and my thumb. Yesterday took a couple of snaps, just played with lens really. Need to take todays picture still. I'm not disappointed with yesterdays picture because it's bad, I know I'm pants at this. I'm disappointed because it's just so boring. But hey it's a picture.

Day 9 by Chazsucks, on Flickr

Dont put yourself down. Some good images here.
I like the idea of the pencils, but maybe get a little higher and closer, just a thought :)

The cat looks cozy, good framing :)

Dont put yourself down.

Agree, sure youll improve, after all thats the idea,

Day 1 has potential Id crop it to closer, for a stronger image, HYDM quick edit also if I were to take that shot I would have removed the gold/silver ball leaving just the single one and think it would be better to say 2012 as 2011 is so last year :LOL:

6676270707_37f70c7671_z.jpg

like the chef pic, think you got that spot on, and I like the angle, suits the shot, would be good for any restaurant ad pic/website (y)

Day 8 is quite good, just would have cloned the roundish thing out, spot on focus on the eye

pencils a bit to much DOF and again go closer, although I do like the framing so youve improved there (y)

hope you dont mind my comments they are meant to help, not to be detrimental in any way:) good luck with the rest of your year I look forward to seeing you progress, and good on you for giving it a go (y)

BTW I wouldnt try it, so your brave :clap:

Last edited:
hope you dont mind my comments they are meant to help, not to be detrimental in any way:) good luck with the rest of your year I look forward to seeing you progress, and good on you for giving it a go (y)

BTW I wouldnt try it, so your brave :clap:

Of course I don't mind, I'm always open to hear how things can be improved..

I was hoping I might improve pretty quickly but not sure that's going to happen :LOL:, oh well I have all year.

I'm all finding it really hard to have any spare time :shrug: I'm usually up by 6am, 5am when working long days and I don't finish everything I'm doing often till about 11pm and think now I need to take a picture too!

I'm off on Sunday so hopefully will go out somewhere and get a nice outdoors picture! Wish me luck

Another first for me, setting up the camera, going in front of it and auto focus to where i was sitting then set it off on timer and jumped in front.

Today I joined weight watchers, after losing 3 stone last year myself I can't do it alone anymore and I need support.

I'm aiming to lose another 4 stone and at the same time raising money for a charity close to my heart, as it's a "sponsored slim". I'm doing it for the charity SANDS - the stillbirth and neonatal deaths charity.

So although the picture today may not be interesting for others, it has a lot of meaning behind it for me :)

Day 12 by Chazsucks, on Flickr

Ok guys.. if anyone can see this thread I'm not sure which picture to use for day 13?

Neither are great but the first I found on my car windscreen when I left for uni this morning and it made me smile all day

Day 13 by Chazsucks, on Flickr

The second I was determined to find a sunset so when uni unexpectedly finished early, raced home and chucked the family in the car and went sunset hunting. This was the best I found

Day 13 by Chazsucks, on Flickr

Today is not great but one of the foxes in our garden came out to play. I don't have a good zoomy lens and by the time I got my camera he had gone right to the end of the garden so hence why the image is so fuzzy. I also sharpened it which you can tell which doesn't help but it does look better than it did. Didn't take any other pictures today and am ill and need an early no so this will do :)

Day 14 by Chazsucks, on Flickr

This is my first time into this thread :LOL: welcome to the list of POTDer's you will not get rid of me know :LOL: :coat: I have to say you have some really lovely ideas in this thread, I think that you will really notice an improvement as you go thought this challenge, I know that I did last year (y)

As to the issue of people being rude about photo's it's that other forums loss this is fantastic place to learn (y) and if anyone is out of line you make sure you hit the RTM buttom (y)

Matt

RTM button? Is that like a report button?

Yep it was a couple of years ago actually and I literally stopped talking pictures or anything as I felt really ashamed :shake:

But anyway for 2012 I decided to do the 365 thing to get into it a bit more again and then I found this forum and now I'm definitely sticking around :)

RTM button? Is that like a report button?

Yep it was a couple of years ago actually and I literally stopped talking pictures or anything as I felt really ashamed :shake:

But anyway for 2012 I decided to do the 365 thing to get into it a bit more again and then I found this forum and now I'm definitely sticking around :)

Yeah it's Report To Moderator and looks like this
report.gif

(y)

Will update this later am shattered! spent yesterday at my longest ever day of work, so all i got was an iPhone snap of the sunrise through the window :(. I was out from 5am-10pm and not allowed my camera at work. By the time I got home I was shattered from running around a busy ward for 13 hours with no break so I didn't have the energy to even pick up my camera

The day before my tyre burst as I hit a curb :nono: so I spent my afternoon sitting by the roadside waiting for the AA man to rescue me. So I have a very exciting picture of a flat tyre and some cars driving past me :LOL: Bet you all can't wait

Back