penshaw monument

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
A few other night time exposures from penshaw monument the other night.

taken the same night as THIS

These are the ones taken with the sigma 10-20.

i decided not to correct the verticals as this is an over the top building and i like the way it looks with the wide angle distortion! i know they wont be to some peoples tastes but hey ho thats what photography's all about right?

Inside Out

Mono conversion

Thanks

Nick

I really like the first shot (y) Is there any way to bring out some more stars through the 'roof'? I keep thinking about what it would look like with a really starry sky above it (or a Milky Way shot layered behind it.....is that too cheesy?:))

not far away from penshaw myself , done justice to a great building imo

Thanks very much :)

This is an appealing set of the monument.

Cheers Kev

I really like the first shot (y) Is there any way to bring out some more stars through the 'roof'? I keep thinking about what it would look like with a really starry sky above it (or a Milky Way shot layered behind it.....is that too cheesy?:))

I might have a play about and see i if i can create a composite to see what its like!!!

3 is best
1 looks like an ad for star wars or some epic movie
prefer the angle shot as in 2 without the spot light
so 3 it is...without the lighting module
cheers
geoff

Nicely shot again mate, loving the first one, i played up there many times as a kid, lay on the floor of the monument and looked up at the stars more times than i care to remember, brings back some happy memories, thank you,
Dave

I prefer #2 as it highlight the newer stone repairs better which I like. Glad you've posted some shots using the Sigma as I'm collecting the same lens from John Lewis in Newcastle tomorrow as soon as it opens. My have to go up there myself, after doing the Quayside first

Now that looks cool....(y)

Hi, "Excellent" love the second post of the 1st shot.(y)

Back