Pentax 35mm

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello. F&C is not my normal haunt.
My mother in law is moving house and downsizing. I was sent up into the loft and found her late husbands 35mm kit. Is there anything here useful / good

1x Pentax ME 35mm body (silver/black) with neck strap
1x Pentax ME Super 35mm boby

1x Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7
2x Pentax-M 50mm f/1.7
1x Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8
1x Vivitar x2 teleconverter
1x Tamrom 500mm f/8 mirror lens with case and intructions

1x Pentax power winder ME II
1x Toshiba ES-7 flashgun (complete)
1x Metz 45CT-5 flashgun (seems to be missing bottom battery cover and battery holder

Plus assortment of old filters etc.,

I've spent the evening cleaning everything. All the optics seem good. Batteries had been removed from everything that took batteries which is good and after finding some suitable button cells (thanks to the cat's laser pointer toy), both camera's light meter seems to be working fine. Not tried the flash or power winder yet.

Guidance on what to do with them. Apart from a novelty ornament, I have little interest in actually using them, as I've already got 35mm Canon kit I don't use.

The two cameras are excellent enthusiast cameras. I have the ME Super and really enjoy using it. Second hand prices of film cameras are currently going through the roof. If everything works properly and they are cosmetically good, they could be worth £40 to £50 each.

Or you could try film - these old cameras are fun and addictive.

I would be happy to find that lot in my attic. Definitely sellable, if that's the way you want to go.

Normal channels for UK Pentax sales is Pentax User or internationally PentaxForums. There is also a Pentax Buy and Sell group on FB

The ME/ME Super and winder will find buyers for sure but more likely on 'the bay', as will the 'A' and 'M' lenses.

I'd be happy to find goodies like this in my attic.

Thanks for the input. I'll see what she wants to do with it, and advertise here and probably the FB Pentax group.

I think there is another bag of camera equipment somewhere with a more modern camera, and possibly some video equipment to sort through as well.

PentaxForums has an excellent user reviews section at https://www.pentaxforums.com/lensreviews/ (there are also camera and accessory reviews there). Nothing there hugely valuable, but definitely a market for it.

Back