Pentax MZ-50 question.

Name
Nige
Edit My Images
No
Does anyone own (or has owned) a Pentax MZ-50?

I got some CR2 batteries to test the boot-sale MZ-50 I bought recently. The camera powers up and I've afixed a PK lens I own (a cheapo Centon 28-70mm). The lens is manual, but the AF indicator flashes in the viewfinder (and beeps) when it's in focus.

The question I have is regarding the LCD. Most of the symbols are not present (e.g. the indicators for the various PICT modes). I'm unsure if this is because the camera is borked, or if they just don't appear because I have a manual lens attached and these modes are just not available as a result?
Othewise, I can change the shutter speed ok when in Tv mode (and they sound approximately correct) , and if I set the lens to A, I can control the aperture when in Av mode (and see the aperture - and shutter speed - behaving as I'd expect).

I'll probably get a proper AF lens to go with it, but don't want to waste my money if the camera is kaput.

Thanks.

I have one but I can't remember, my CR2s are dead and I haven't got around to replacing them yet. I'm sure someone else can give you an answer, whether it will be the answer you want, that I'm not so sure of [emoji57]

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Talk Photography Forums mobile app

Back