Peregrines in flight......Update!

fracster

I love BRASH and BRASH loves me
Suspended / Banned
Name
Ade
Edit My Images
Yes
I lost the rubber eye piece off my D200 yesterday, but getting these makes up for it.......:)

Peregrine_21.jpg

Peregrine_17.jpg

Peregrine_14.jpg

Peregrine_15.jpg

Sorry for the overkill of shots over the last two days, i`m particularly happy to have seen these in the wild.

Last edited:
Stunning shots, number 3 for me

nice shots, but look like a tighter crop would work better.

top shots

Great shots, amazing birds aren't they. We had a pair nesting near us last year, not seen any this year yet though....

well done fracster= )

All due respect, what a shower of ******s who did that,the moorland gamekeepers that I know,work with and admire, don`t mind the peregrine taking grouse, and their living depends on grouse. Not a one of them harms birds of prey, those bad days are long gone.

These scumbags are even using fentraps that only mutilate the birds, they don`t even have the knowledge to use anything else.

Assholes..........rant over.

We had a couple of pairs of mating Peregrines on our pheasant shoot up in the hills in Powys, and they took a fair few pheasant poults but no-one begrudged them at all.

I somehow missed these 1st time
That "tear drop" stoop is a stunner and bloody difficult to get (y)

Thanks for the comments,i`m going back early next week to see if I can get some better ones.....(y)

Thanks bud.....(y)

When I go back next week i`m going to try and pan them with my 500mm set up, should be interesting, as well as arm achingly heavy..........:D

Problem is that I won`t go too close to the nest, they seem ok with people watching them, but it would be wrong to alarm them in anyway. So i`ll still have to crop them no matter which setup I use.

Agree with everyone else; and #3 really is the dogs thingys (y)

The two chicks have flown the nest and are now being taught how to hunt by mum and dad. A success story so far, though wether they will last the first winter is a lottery, but that is nature.

FlownNest5.jpg

FlownNest4.jpg

FlownNest3.jpg

FlownNest2.jpg

Not technically brilliant photos, but I thought i`d share them with you.

Back