Pesky Parakeets

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Now that we are heading into winter their food supplies in the West London area must be in short supply, they never come near the feeders at any other time of the year.

1)

2)

Click on a pic for large!

The are lots of them living in the woods behind us.
Recently I've heard and seen them away from the woods.
I quite like them even though they are noisy buggers.

We had two of these sqwakjng things in our garden this morning. No doubt there'll be more around somewhere

Good Shots.
We have them all year and we have prorected the seed feeders with a couple of hanging baskets to make a mesh ball. Otherwise they just sit there an stop the little birds feeding.
The paraketts have free reigh on the nut feeds and you can see the 'pecking' order coming in to play when there are a lot of paraketts at at time (17 at one time last year).
They have not been so predominate this year.

Good Shots...They have not been so predominate this year.

Thanks :) I think they have moved a bit to the NW from your part of the world to West London, I am sure they are about 20-30% up on previous years ;).

nice shots from what i have heared they are the 3rd most common bird down there now. WTF has happened to this country and whens this global warming going to kick in for us

I remember a chap at work 18ish years ago telling me stories of wild parakeets in his back garden, we all thought he was having a joke with us.

They are all over the place now and very common sight here in Surrey.

Back