Pet Hate

Lack of manners generally - saying please and thank you takes hardly any time and it's one of those things that assists in the world going round smoothly.
People who feel they have more rights in the world than others - the muppets who come right up the outside of a queue of traffic before cutting in (usually dangerously) at the last minute...who the hack made you Mr Important?
Finally one which now makes me cringe on a daily basis as I have a colleague who is a culprit - people not grasping the difference between "a" and "an" - oi, stupid, it's not "a e-mail"! (The same colleague calls articulated vehicles "Arctics" as well which is hysterical - not least 'cos I've told him about it (nicely!) - he just looked at me as though I was mad and has carried on as before much to the amusement of the chaps at the haulage companies!) :LOL:

Oh yeh! And why do Tate & Lyle feel I need to spread sugar over the kitchen floor when opening one of there bags? :razz::razz:

1. People
2. Things

Brucie is beyond criticism. How could you not like him?!!!

Steve

is he like your achilies heel :)

My South African boyfriend thinks that Bruce Forsythe is the most annoying man in England, only surpassed by Phil Schofield and my older brother (they do bear an uncanny resemblance to eachother, for all the wrong reasons)

but i'm glad someone likes him :)

old women in supermarkets blocking aisles
And don't forget people who leave their trolleys at one end of the aisle whilst shopping 20 yds further down. They have a go at you because you 'touched' their trolley and moved it sideways out of everyone's way because you couldn't get past.

One lady didn't like it when I explained if you hold onto the handlebar with both hands and push, the trolley will go along with you all over the store. She walked off in a right huff :naughty:

People who suddenly stop, for no apparent reason, in the middle of busy shopping centres while you're walking behind them.

Pensioners in supermarkets in the evenings and weekends: you have all week to go shopping FFS!!

Supermarkets...people who take for ages to pick a chicken when they are all the same and priced within about 10p of each other.....

delivery men.......who ring my door bell and before i even rise from the chair are banging on my door like the house is on fire....

work......people who talk about work all the time

And don't forget people who leave their trolleys at one end of the aisle whilst shopping 20 yds further down. They have a go at you because you 'touched' their trolley and moved it sideways out of everyone's way because you couldn't get past.

One lady didn't like it when I explained if you hold onto the handlebar with both hands and push, the trolley will go along with you all over the store. She walked off in a right huff :naughty:

People who take their trolleys down the aisle and then leave them in the way and get the huff when I move them to get to the shelf :D

People who suddenly stop, for no apparent reason, in the middle of busy shopping centres while you're walking behind them.

Pensioners in supermarkets in the evenings and weekends: you have all week to go shopping FFS!!

+1 for this.

*Potholes

*People who drive while using the mobile (and don't inidicate etc)

*Road surfaces that have been upgraded but the manhole covers are still at their original level some inches down

incompetence!

People who have been doing the same job for years but need hand held to get through every day!!!

:)bang: End of rant, guess who has just been hand holding the incompetence brigade!)

1) people invading my personal space (hate it with a passion!)
2) people not saying please and thank you
3) using The Lord's name in vain (swear like a trooper and that's fine, doesn't bother me, but using The Lord's name in vain, grrr)
4) dog poop not cleaned up
5) people saying that they're coming over or doing something and they don't do it
6) disability discrimination (why should I be treat different now I use a cripple chariot?!)
7) willful ignorance
8) their/there/they're used wrongly

....quite a grumpy sod aren't I? LOL

Grumpy old geezers.:D:LOL::wave:

people who stop infront of you in a supermarket for no reason then carry on as if nothings wrong

Bad table manners, is my biggest pet hate, followed closley by people who seem to have a distinct lack of common courtesy ........ :razz:

Home
  1. Leaving dirty dishes in the sink
  2. Leaving dirty dishes until the next day
  3. Leaving dirty dishes until two days later etc. I mean for f*** sakes!
  4. Eating with mouth open
  5. Talking with mouth full of food
  6. General hygiene - smelling of dirty unwashed clothes and BO but you own a washing machine and a shower/personal hygiene products. I mean come on!
  7. Not paying rent on time when you have the money!

Work
  1. Not answering the phone when it's your turn
  2. Making an effort to pick up the phone and then pretending that you didn't hit the right button so it keeps on ringing
  3. Staring straight at me for no reason for long periods of time and when I finally look at the person doing the staring, they laugh, pleased with themselves and finally look away. What the f*** is wrong with them?
  4. Back stabbing at every opportunity
  5. Clearing trying to elbow people out of the company, turning conversation petty and eventually war-like
  6. Boss complaining that there is not enough 'initiative' being taken. And when one shows 'initiative' one is reminded of one's place :bang:

The list goes on...

Quite a few things, I suppose, but I don't get too stressed about the minor stuff. I do get irritated by bad manner/rudeness and gutter language in public. I'm not prudish, and I can swear in several languages, but I can't stand people who seem to be unable to have a conversation without using it on the bus, in the street or wherever. It's jarring and offensive, for me anyway.

Back