Daily Phil's 2013 365 challenge 1/1/2013 All Done!!!!!!!!

Name
Phil
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi everyone. This is my attempt at taking one photo per day for a full year. My main aim in doing this is to improve my photography skills. This may result in photos being repeated as a result of critique until I get something worth keeping. My favourite subject is landscapes and I spend a lot of time hiking in the mountains. I am a self employed gardener so shots relating to this will probably crop up fairly often. Besides these, anything may appear depending on weather, time pressures etc.

Looking forward to getting started now!

Phil.

Last edited:
Hey!:wave: good luck i shall subscribe to your thread, looking forward to seeing your work :D

Cheers guys.

Have ran into my first problem already, bought a new D7000 2 weeks ago and have never been happy with the focus. Tested it today and at 2 meters it is focusing 40mm behind subject. So it's going back! With places closed until Wednesday and me heading to Lanzarote next Sunday for a week, the timing isn't the best.

Cheers guys.
I will probably end up holding on to the camera until after my hols now. And I got a new tablet from Santa so I can still upload shots while I'm away.

phil_b said:
Cheers guys.
I will probably end up holding on to the camera until after my hols now. And I got a new tablet from Santa so I can still upload shots while I'm away.

Excellent!! Enjoy your holiday too :)

Pressure is on now!
My first potd may feature an empty vodka bottle as that is the way tonight is going.
Happy New Year everyone!

phil_b said:
Pressure is on now!
My first potd may feature an empty vodka bottle as that is the way tonight is going.
Happy New Year everyone!

Well I'm holding a large glass of wine so that maybe mine too lol!.....

Happy new year!!

Happy new year Phil! Subscribing and can't wait to see your first photo :)

Us 365ers have to stick together, looking forward to image number one.

subscribed and awaiting first shot :D

Ok, not liking all this pressure! With unsteady hands and blurred vision, this is my attempt for today.
Have tried using my new Samsung tablet for the first time to do bit of basic editing but haven't any way of working with raw files yet so this is just a basic jpeg which I think Photoshop Touch has shrunk badly. Will have to play around with it a bit more before I head off on holidays on Sunday.

POTD1
by philip blair2011, on Flickr
8332325529_e13eb82d9d_c.jpg

Last edited:
I like it! My drink of choice.. hopefully there's some left to share :p Where you off to? I'm heading your way on Monday lol

I like it! My drink of choice.. hopefully there's some left to share :p Where you off to? I'm heading your way on Monday lol

We are going to Lanzarote for a week. With my work, I have to take my holidays in January or February. Is it Belfast you are coming over too?

Loving the first shot! I'm shocked you even managed a photo with all those bottles:D

Great start!:clap:

We are going to Lanzarote for a week. With my work, I have to take my holidays in January or February. Is it Belfast you are coming over too?

Ah, lucky you! No, further out lol. I'm going to visit my sister and her family in Derry. My husband is from Belfast way though (well, Ballywalter... no idea just how close that is!)

Nice shot and SO appropriate for the day after! I'd do a similar one, but it doesn't look as good with Tesco Value Vodka bottles! :D Looking forward to the photos from your holiday.

I wouldnt have been so steady after the tiny bottle never mind the 3 large ones as well :LOL: Great shot though :)

Thanks Sam and Carol too.

Anyone tell me how to put multiple quotes in one reply?

The little button in the right hand corner with the wee "+" sign on it :D

This one:
quote_zps9d1d354e.jpg

Just click that on the every post you want to quote then click "post reply" :)

Last edited:
click on the sign that Toni has pointed out in each message you want to quote and then when you have them all just click quote on the last message and it will add them all in :)

The little button in the right hand corner with the wee "+" sign on it :D

This one:
quote_zps9d1d354e.jpg

Just click that on the every post you want to quote then click "post reply" :)

click on the sign that Toni has pointed out in each message you want to quote and then when you have them all just click quote on the last message and it will add them all in :)

Ah-ha! Thanks folks.:)

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Day 2. And i'm struggling! Weather was against me as i had planned on getting something from the garden but by the time i had got home from work it was blowing a gale and trying to rain. Will let you judge for yourselves. Hopefully have something interesting for tomorrow as im heading to the mountains for the day.

POTD2rs
by philip blair2011, on Flickr
8337495003_42613df1b7_c.jpg

Last edited:
I like it! great detail Phil... The weather right now is definitely going to be against us

Nice image, im struggling at the minute, most of my stuff is outdoors and im finding it hard to find interesting ideas for indoors. Hope it stops raining soon.

I like it! great detail Phil... The weather right now is definitely going to be against us

Nice image, im struggling at the minute, most of my stuff is outdoors and im finding it hard to find interesting ideas for indoors. Hope it stops raining soon.

Loving the angle of that shot Phil !! Well done

Nice angle. Well done on getting to day 2 :) Not taken mine yet.

Thanks guys. The weather is no good for me, I have no imagination when it comes to taking shots inside. Heading out to the mountains tomorrow walking and it is giving the weather good :)

Back