Daily Phil's 2013 365 challenge 1/1/2013 All Done!!!!!!!!

I like it :) Its quirky and I like quirky :) Great shot and looking forward to the mountain shots too :)

I had great expectations for today as i had a day in the Mourne Mountains planned and it was giving decent weather. Last time i believe the weather forecast. Up this morning at 5, on the road before 6 and walking before 7 in the dark to the first summit arriving before 8. Had hopes of a nice sunrise with the sun coming up over Slieve Binnian, one of the highest mountains in the Mournes. Didn't happen like that, as it started to get light the clouds came rolling in and my hopes of a good day disappeared.

Anyway, this will have to do as my shot of the day, one of the many mountain streams i crossed today.

POTD3rs
by philip blair2011, on Flickr

Going to break the rules now by including a couple more from today.

The Mourne Wall, 22 miles long circling most of the Mourne mountains, disappearing into the cloud

POTD3crs

The cloud coming rolling in first thing this morning

POTD3brs

And my 2 faithful companions, Jess the Lab and Izzy the collie. I'm sure they will feature more as the year progresses.

POTD3drs
8342360725_47ee0a5785_c.jpg

Last edited:
well if these were from a bad day I can't wait to see your good days :D Love No. 1 and I am trying to learn how to get this effect before I venture out . The rest are great shots as well - Great work Phil :D

Wow Phil they are stunning, you should be very proud of them(y)(y)

Phil - good start.

BTW, when inserting an image from flickr, just paste the code straight in - no need to wrap in an

Cheers people!
Only 2 more days to get and then a week in Lanzarote coming up, there better be some decent sunrises/sets out there;)

Fantastic shots from today - I love 1 and 2, just my personal preferences.

The weather man always balls up my project too :bang: I think if I ever see the local weather girl she will have to get a slap, she is useless :( (only joking on the slap front) but she has caused me no end of pain when planning a shoot, that said I think you've still come away from it with some nice photo's even if not quite what you'd planned on (y)

Matt

A splendid start. I like Day 2, there is a lot of mileage in old machinery ;)

like having a 3yr olds perspective of the horse - MASSIVE!!! :eek: But great shot Phil

That 4th is brilliant! Well, I love all your pictures to be honest, but the latest is very striking! Amazing angle, well found!

Very unusual angle, shame he didn't open his mouth ;)

stunning shots amazing each and every one :)

Oh wow super angle!... loving that(y)

You've been spotted ;) I really like it Phil, it makes the horse look massive :D

like having a 3yr olds perspective of the horse - MASSIVE!!! :eek: But great shot Phil

That 4th is brilliant! Well, I love all your pictures to be honest, but the latest is very striking! Amazing angle, well found!

Phil, I love it!

Cheers guys. The horse belongs to one of my customers. I hoped she wouldn't appear out of the house as I was lying on my back on the ground in front of the stable taking shots while I was meant to be working ;)

Had a quick go at the birds in my garden first thing this morning as i knew i wouldnt get a chance to lift the camera for the rest of the day. Unfortunately it was a high ISO and low shutter speed session.
Off now to pack my case for Lanzarote in the morning ;)

POTD5rs
8349968141_0205e9dcba_c.jpg

Last edited:
Fantastic photo Phil! The colours are just stunning. The only birds I see around here are pigeons... :LOL:

Hope you have a fab time in Lanzarote! I'll be packing my bag tomorrow... for Northern Ireland ;) :LOL:

Nice, only birds we get here are magpies and pigeons.

absolutely gorgeous Phil :) Love my bird photos - great shot :D

Actually, I really like your horse photo - different angle and great eye contact (at least as far as horses go!).

Love your last one - vibrant colours, good DOF and looks pretty sharp to me. Good composition as well.

However, and it is with sadness in my heart, that I still have to say that I hate you...............Lanzarote? really? When I am stuck here? And you TELL US about it? How dare you?
:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Have a great time and don't forget your camera! :)

Fantastic photo Phil! The colours are just stunning. The only birds I see around here are pigeons... :LOL:

Hope you have a fab time in Lanzarote! I'll be packing my bag tomorrow... for Northern Ireland ;) :LOL:

Thanks for the comments. And enjoy your trip over here.

Nice, only birds we get here are magpies and pigeons.

Thanks

absolutely gorgeous Phil :) Love my bird photos - great shot :D

Thanks

Actually, I really like your horse photo - different angle and great eye contact (at least as far as horses go!).

Love your last one - vibrant colours, good DOF and looks pretty sharp to me. Good composition as well.

However, and it is with sadness in my heart, that I still have to say that I hate you...............Lanzarote? really? When I am stuck here? And you TELL US about it? How dare you?
:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Have a great time and don't forget your camera! :)

Cheers Sam, you made me laugh. Looking forward to a week away, this is my yearly holiday.
Hopefully get some nice sunrises/ sunsets and I think I can get them posted here ok from my tablet while I'm out there.

Phil

Oh that is wonderful Phil (y) a really nice clean image, thought I do think that the white balance could be warmed up a little ;)

Matt

White balance is something I don't alter much, its usually stuck in auto and let the camera decide. I will have to keep a closer eye on it when converting raws.

Cheers Matt

Greetings from lanzarote. Do I put up a sunrise over the planes wing from this morning, condensation running down a pint of San Miguel with a bright blue sea in the background of a lovely blue sea breaking over rocks on the beach? :D

phil_b said:
Greetings from lanzarote. Do I put up a sunrise over the planes wing from this morning, condensation running down a pint of San Miguel with a bright blue sea in the background of a lovely blue sea breaking over rocks on the beach? :D

Can go off people you know!!! :p

:razz::razz::razz::razz::D

Going with the sunrise this morning when we were above the clouds. I know I have all kind of glare and reflections from the windows in this but I'm putting it up anyway as its not too often that get to see this. And I'm off for more San Miguel so I haven't the time to worry about it!

POTD6
8354275163_aedb704a7d_c.jpg

Last edited:
Going with the sunrise this morning when we were above the clouds. I know I have all kind of glare and reflections from the windows in this but I'm putting it up anyway as its not too often that get to see this. And I'm off for more San Miguelso I havnt the time to worry about it!

Excellent attitude for a 365 - you will go far ;)

Nice pic too, can't really beat a photo out of a plane window

Really like this one, Phil. The glare and reflections add to it for me.

Back