Phone mic issues

Name
Jan
Edit My Images
No
Maybe a bit of a long shot but all the 'help' I get off the internet is 'try a factory reset and even that may not fix it'.
Phone is a Samsung A71 3 years plus a few months old.
Every now and then I make or receive a call and they can't hear me because the mic decides not to work. It's very intermittent. The only thing I can do is reboot the phone, which I had to do just now having made a call without problems 2 days ago and rebooting the phone not long before that. I can test the mic prior to an outgoing call, but obviously not incoming, which this call was. It's getting really annoying. It's only been happening relatively recently, ie this year.
I'm starting to think seriously about just changing the phone as tbh I could get one for less than I'm paying now, but since the default pay monthly phone plan is now 36 months...... it shouldn't be breaking.
So, any clues as to how I fix the mic or should I just go for the skip it and replace it option? And that's no guarantee either because it's obviously a known issue and not just with the A71.
This is not the first Samsung phone I've had and I've never had a problem with the others, having had them much longer. They obviously don't make 'em like the used to...... ;)

Back