Phono pre amp

Edit My Images
No
I'm in need of a phono pre amp to connect a record deck with a moving magnet cartridge to the aux input of a midi stack system. Both the deck and midi are Sony brand (not HiFi as such). Any suggestions for a low cost product/solution?

I suppose it depends on what you class as low cost really. The Pro-ject Phono Box range have always had a good reputation and can be had for around £40 or so new or cheaper used

I suppose it depends on what you class as low cost really. The Pro-ject Phono Box range have always had a good reputation and can be had for around £40 or so new or cheaper used

It's the usual story of you get what you pay for. I found some budget units where buyers complained about mains hum.

Thanks for the suggestion. Will have a look at that. Trying to avoid spending too much which could lead me to taking up an expensive hobby...

Pretty much, the Project is at least made by a manufacturer with a decent reputation so should at least work properly!

I've done home audio to death and it can get very expensive.. so now I've taken up photography instead which can be just as expensive, go figure!! :)

If you're not into Hi-Fi then almost any phono pre-amp will do as it simply amplifies signal and applies RIAA equalisation.
I use Cambridge Azur Phono pre amp - no probs for years. I also read that the NAD preamp is good value and can handle M/M and M/C.

Back