Photo Apps for IOS

Name
Wilson
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi there!
I’m a newbie. I was hoping you could advise me on any (simple) photography editing app for I Phone that would allow me to miniaturise one image and superimpose it on another. I build free standing stone structures and photograph them. I really like the idea of placing an miniature image of myself on the structure, to play around with the perspective so that it looks like I am climbing it, if that makes sense. I don’t have any tech other than my phone. Many thanks for your help
Wilson Macduff

I'm not too sure on any specific apps. Still, you may find the subject isolation feature recently added to iOS quite useful for this - on a picture with a clear subject e.g. a person, you can do a long press on the person. A line of light will appear around them and you can copy just the person from the picture to paste somewhere else.

hey, that's really helpful, thanks for the heads up. Just need to work out how to reduce or miniaturise pics of myself before superimposing. I wonder if Snapseed can do this...
cheers bro

Yes, but you can easily do it when you add your pic over the first one. Just pinch your second pic on the screen and make it smaller.

Okay then, sounds like I could do it. I mean that would be perfect. Without attaching the image, it's kind of hard to show you what I'm going for but maybe `I can do that after a few posts, so you can get a better sense of the perspective. I think will be very cool if I can pull it off. Thanks again, a lot!

Hey John
No dice, I'm afraid. It 's all good until I try to brush out. Do you use snapspeed? I have attached the result, maybe you can see where I'm going wrong :O(

Attachments

• IMG_4357.JPG
    IMG_4357.JPG
    23.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4470.JPG
    IMG_4470.JPG
    213.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4451.jpg
    IMG_4451.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 4
Was this what you were trying to do Wilson . . . . .I use an iPad and pencil, easier to draw masks. This took me 10 minutes but then I've done it before. Just follow the Tutorials and practice.
Just select double exposure; then add your image; then pick to reduce the added image size so it fits; then at the bottom, change the transparency to 100% and your 2nd image will block out your first. Now, click tick and then go to View Edits at the top; select the Double exposure layer in the bottom Right corner list and in the flout click the paintbrush icon to edit the mask; Then paint the 2nd image in or out; that's it really.

Untitled by John Hallard, on Flickr

Last edited:
Was this what you were trying to do Wilson . . . . .I use an iPad and pencil, easier to draw masks. This took me 10 minutes but then I've done it before. Just follow the Tutorials and practice.
Just select double exposure; then add your image; then pick to reduce the added image size so it fits; then at the bottom, change the transparency to 100% and your 2nd image will block out your first. Now, click tick and then go to View Edits at the top; select the Double exposure layer in the bottom Right corner list and in the flout click the paintbrush icon to edit the mask; Then paint the 2nd image in or out; that's it really.

Untitled by John Hallard, on Flickr
Wow, that's exactly what I wanted to do, John. Very nice, I mean...that's it! I so want to send this to my daughters. Is there any way I can do that? I will, of course, credit you and try to think of a workaround for my phone, which is all I have. But maybe I can get an iPad at some point. It's probably going to be a lot easier. I have to say, it's a cool image. There's a photographer up here called Paul McPhail, who does stuff like this - worth checking out. You'll know him when you find him. I'd love to do something like this whenever I complete a rock structure. Thanks for helping me, bro, much appreciated !!
Oller best, Wilson

Back