Photo Blog?

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Folks, looking for some guidance, I've currently got a website powered by SmugMug (although I'm not rooted there if it would help to move) and I'd like to start a blog to go along with my site.
Ideally I'd have liked to incorporate the blog into the site but I'm a bit unsure how this would work with SmugMug and I wondered if anyone else could recommend either how I could do this relatively easily or other options (other than SmugMug) that would allow me to have a site which combines a blog and my portfolio.

Folks, looking for some guidance, I've currently got a website powered by SmugMug (although I'm not rooted there if it would help to move) and I'd like to start a blog to go along with my site.
Ideally I'd have liked to incorporate the blog into the site but I'm a bit unsure how this would work with SmugMug and I wondered if anyone else could recommend either how I could do this relatively easily or other options (other than SmugMug) that would allow me to have a site which combines a blog and my portfolio.

wordpress was built for blogging... initially... maybe a good idea to get domain name/hosting and install wordpress (or you can install locally on your computer via xampp/wampp or others) and try it out? you can get many themes for it for around $50 suitable for photography.

not mentioned of any sales? do you sell with smugsmug or just have your portfolio there?

not mentioned of any sales? do you sell with smugsmug or just have your portfolio there?

I do have the Smugmug site setup as a shop too but I've not really done much with it so I might be willing to drop that for now and focus on a blog and portfolio rather than sales.

I do have the Smugmug site setup as a shop too but I've not really done much with it so I might be willing to drop that for now and focus on a blog and portfolio rather than sales.

so you could try wordpress I guess. Lots of themes (free and paid available) to start with.

Koken is worth looking into.

I've used it in the past and thought it was fine. :)

Adobe will soon be launching their Adobe Portfolio product, which will be included in the CC subscriptions - including the Photography CC subscription. This may be worth a look.

Last edited:
Koken is worth looking into.

I've used it in the past and thoughtful was fine. :)

Adobe will soon be launching their Adobe Portfolio product, which will be included in the CC subscriptions - including the Photography CC subscription. This may be worth a look.

I would be quite reticent on recommending Koken. If you take a look at their support site, most request for support go ignored, and Koken has recently been sold on to new owners which don't seem to be doing a good job of supporting users. I also found websites using Koken to be quite slow.

Koken websites do look good (though I personally prefer squarespace) and they have a decent back end in managing photos (better than squarespace in this respect).

Anybody used Adobe Portfolio?

I've used Adobe Portfolio Preview very briefly. It's got a long way to go, is still very basic, and clunky - so I didn't do much with it.

It may be worth looking at again once it comes out of preview. The integration with Adobe CC would make it a viable solution for a lot of Users, if the feature set is improved.

I've used Adobe Portfolio Preview very briefly. It's got a long way to go, is still very basic, and clunky - so I didn't do much with it.

It may be worth looking at again once it comes out of preview. The integration with Adobe CC would make it a viable solution for a lot of Users, if the feature set is improved.

I have to say I quite like Adobe Portfolio form the limited time I have used it this morning. Its major appeal to me is its link to lightroom collections. I create a collection in lightroom, sync to mobile and the images are then available for adding to the portfolio. It saves the export / import process I have with squarespace. While squarespace is a lot more customisable, for a simple user like myself the efficiency of Adobe Portfolio is a big plus. Maybe this explains why squarespace haven't implemented a Lightroom extension knowing this was coming. Surprised theres no way of adding an adobe slate gallery? But there again I'm often surprised as to why large corporations don't do simple, beneficial and obvious!

A friend of mine uses and recommended Wordpress to me ?
Well worth checking out :)

Still using it Phil?

Ive created two collections of family photos and published to adobe portfolio. Truth be told i haven't done much 'proper' photography in nearly 2 years (2 kids under 2 has seen to that!), but as a straightforward portfolio site for lightroom users its great. As it does not have much extra functionality apart form galleries (such as a blog), i would love to see a way of integrating / embedding the published galleries to other platforms as the default lightroom publish templates are kak!

Back