Photo Competition Results and critique

MattEg

TPer Emeritus
Name
Matthew Egan
Edit My Images
No
As mentioned in the thread title.

Congratulations everyone for taking part in this difficult theme.
This also has to of been the hardest round to vote on so far.

Anyway I'll stop rambling and show you the results. :LOL:

1 Feeson 20
2 SimonF 16
3 Steep 14
4 Cripple 13
5 digitalSPG 11
6 Matt 9
7 Steve 9
8 EosD 5
9 MyPix 4
10 CT 2
11 Petemc 2
12 dlh 2
13 Dod 1
14 Dave 0
15 Wazza 0
16 Kenco1964 0
17 IanC_UK 0

Looks like Feeson gets to choose the theme again.

Well done everyone for the high standard of entries.

cool
but who's pic is who's ??

MP

would it also be possible to see how many members in total voted, and to see how my ( and others ) points were obtained, ( as in a breakdown of 1st 2nd or 3rd placings,

it would help me greatly with my next entry

Cheez
MP

to belay any confusion or concearns, i'm not asking for which member voted for which picture, god forbid............

i'm asking for a breakdown of my points, i got 4 points this time, did i get 1 first and 1 third place, or did i get 4 third places or any other combination

this will help me determin what apeals to peeps if anything, i went to the effort of taking a pic, editing it, and submitting it, its only feedback i want,

also if only the peeps entering the comp only vote, and no other members ( currently 148 ) should this be addressed ??

just my thoughts

MP

ps.thanks to Matt for posting the names under the pix in the gallery

I think we all need to accept that people will apply vastly different criteria when voting. What appeals to one person, wont to another, and a breakdown of how the marks were achieved wont necessarily be of any future assistance. Some people will tend to indicate their personal choices if they do a critique of the entries, but that's their choice.

It's always been made clear that voting is open to everyone regardless of whether or not they enter the competition.

Well done Feeson :)

Surprised I actually got a point

well done to everyone, and to Feeson, well done all!

Once again this round I find myself thinking that some shots are dark or lacking in punch, is it my monitor setup that's wrong or some of yours??

Anyway in the order they come...

CT - I see wet, moss and heather which probably makes it Scotland :) but the deer fence seemed to be the only focal point which didn't appeal to me.

MyPix - This shot could have been it but that the palm tree was so underexposed compared to the rest of the shot and the horizon looks a bit off level.

Dave - Cracking shot, lovely girl but it said portrait not postcard to me, maybe if she had a knotted hankerchief on her head :)

Petemc - Beautiful sky and sunset but I wouldn't want to go visit a transmitter mast thingy, even if it does have a wind generator next to it!

Matt - Wonderful, this was one of my 3 possibles for 3rd place shot, what let it down was that it seems over processed.

Steep - I cant believe folk voted for one of mine again, this is Urquhart Castle but reversed so that it appears to come from the left. the actual shot is made up like a postcard but it doesn't show against the white forum background.

Wazza - A lovely classical shot, so close to a position in my book but for the ones that were just a bit better.

Cripple - Your shot should have been my 3rd place pick, but EosD just pipped you.

EosD - I like the simplicity of this shot, though I reckon it could do with some levels adjusting, it was just good enough over Cripples for me to place it 3rd.

SimonF - My first place pick, a classic postcard shot, looks like Santorini and makes me want to go back. My first place choice! :) You did go there and take it specially for the comp didn't you??

dlh - Lovely colours in the village from the setting sun, the shot was just a bit messy looking for my tastes though (boat masts all over etc)

digitalSPG - Your house? The castle didn't have enough interest for me to place it against the ones I did finally pick though it's a very good shot.

Steve - Again a very good shot but it just didn't say come visit me! I think it needed some touristy interest,

Dod - This guy made me laugh! I reckon the shot would have been perfect if you could have got him completely against the sky instead of the trees though.

Kenco1964 - Another very nice scenic shot but not really postcardy, not enough going on I think.

IanC_UK - Not sure about this one, I think it can't make up it's mind if it's a shot of the bowling green or the steeple, the two fight each other for your attention.

Feeson - My second place choice, would have been my first but it seems a little too dark and forboding fanstastic shot though :D

Well done feeson ! :)

As for my pic, it was a pic one and hope, i knew it wouldnt do very well, but was determined to put soemthign in this time ! :)

Needless to say im not surprised i didnt get a vote !

Steep, thansk for taking the time for critique, you should have seen some of the shots i rejected ! lol I really didnt get much chance to get out and take stuff for this round ! LOL said when i sent it in it was rubbish ! :)

Steep said:
CT - I see wet, moss and heather which probably makes it Scotland :) but the deer fence seemed to be the only focal point which didn't appeal to me.

Cannock Chase actually. :D It's actually a stitch of two pics.

Well after much deliberation I decided to just critique the three I picked. If anyone particularly wants me to critique their pic I will, but I have to say a lot of very good pics didn't quite fulfill the brief compared to the opposition. The exotic location was always going to have an edge in the 'Make you want to visit dept' I was a little surprised more didn't opt for more of a postcard aspect ratio for their pics. In the end I chose three pics which I feel fit the theme, are nicely composed, and I feel sure have come straight out of the tin with the minimum of post processing.

Cripple.

My No1 choice. Beautifully exposed. I like the long shadows of the trees thrown forward on the slopes. It may have benefited from cropping slightly on the left close to the foot of that peak to give more of a postcard aspect ratio but a great shot with lovely saturation in the sky.

MyPix

My No 2 choice. OK, it's a bit of a cliche, it's been done a million times, but it doesn't alter the fact that it's a lovely shot.
The tree is obviously a deliberate silhouette which frames the shot nicely. There's enough detail in the grass in the foreground to give foreground interest and the two people at the water are in just the right place as a focal point. Whilst the sea is off level it's quite acceptable from the angle the shot was taken.

SimonF

My No 3 choice. Again a simple, genuine shot. The roof of the building in the lower left would have benefited from burning in a little to make it less distracting or cropping along the bottom and ending up with more of a postcard format.

Well done to everyone - some great shots!! 8)

CT said:
I think we all need to accept that people will apply vastly different criteria when voting. What appeals to one person, wont to another, and a breakdown of how the marks were achieved wont necessarily be of any future assistance. Some people will tend to indicate their personal choices if they do a critique of the entries, but that's their choice.

It's always been made clear that voting is open to everyone regardless of whether or not they enter the competition.

You also have to take account, that not everybody will have the same interpretation of the theme, as can be seen by the different styles in the competition entries ! all excellent pics (apart from mine) lol but some more excellent at portraying "postcard - make me want to visit" than others, doesnt make any of the pics any less excellent though ! :)

Oh and feeson ! that looks like Eilean Donan Castle to me ? beautiful place ! been a looooong while since i have been there though !

Congratulations to Feeson for winning with another excellent entry. He is now the only person to have won twice and on the trot at that!!!!

Its down to you to chose the subject for the next round again--be quick and make it easy (please) ;)

Well done everyone else, I believe the standard of entries fro this round was very high and it was very much personal preference and peoples own interpretation of what the theme meant that has seperated the results.

I will write out my critique of all the entries over the next few days, expect lots of "beautiful, excellent, and love it" in there. :wink:

I would also just like to thank Matt for handling the competition for this month, he stepped in at short notice and helped me out when I had other issues that needed my attention. Without Matt, there probably wouldn't have been a round three. Cheers buddy!!!

OMG 0 points again..........!

I was looking at the pics and was thinking at the time of voting at the theme....Postcard and will this pic make me want to go and visit. Oh well I will have to try again next time. 0 points again gutted.

My personal thoughts on the entries, I am not qualified to judge on how good a picture it is or how it can be improved, so my comments are simply my thoughts when i think of the subject matter.

CT. A great shot i thought of a country walk, but thought Postcard of where and would i want to go there and thought???

MyPix. I thought well thats a nice tree but did not make me want to go and sit under it in the sun.

Dave. She thought it was a nice place to go and visit but i thought where was it??? and did nothing for me, except Hmmm nice lady.

Petemc. Sorry mate but nice pic but again Post card from where? and it did not inspire oooh must go and visit.

Mat. I liked this pic and thought it could be more improved with perhaps something to take your mind off the rocks, could see me wanting to sunbathe under it though.

Steep. tempting to want to go, but seemed to me it was more of a Tourist type pic.

Cripple. I was not convinced by the sun? is it really a sun or did you alter it in someway or use a filter of somesort. Nice theme though.

Eosd. ???????? a baloon, sorry it did not strike me as a picture postcard of somewhere to go and visit.

Simon F. Very interesting shot, i loved this pic, but it did not sell me to want to visit. Were you hanging off a baloon to take this pic, intersting angle it has been taken from.

dlh. I was not sure about your pic, I could only think of the birds in the foreground and thought again a tourist typr pic.

Digital SPG. I liked this pic very much with its reflection and made a sound postcard pic of the subject.

Steve. This pic I loved, it had character and i could see much wisdom in the pic itself and could imagine sitting on an up turned rowing boat and spending hours of lazy times there, i thought it was a brilliant pic. Got my vote.

Dod. Oh err, nice cow but dont think i would want to go and pay it a visit though.

Kenco 1964. Sorry but i felt i would rather drink a cup of coffee (sorry about the pun).. It did nothing for me thios pic at all sorry.

Ian c. Hmmmm a fellow 0 point entrant. I can see why, dont think Bowls and the church tower would make me want to go and visit somehow. One day you and i might get a point somewhere though.

Feeson. What can i say well done mate, a great Pic and it certainly got my eye and my vote, well done. a worthy winner.

Pleasing everyone is not easy, I dont know what you guys are really looking at in your comps and i will keep trying, perhaps one day i will get at least 1 POINT. But I was thinking when i saw many of these pics, fantastic pics but didn't in my view give the subject matter credit.

As said above by fellow entrants, its all down to interpretation.

Once again Congrats to the winners and i look forward to the next competition.

Don't get despondent wazza. You definitely need some help reducing the size of your pics. You're losing a lot of quality in the process.

Many Congrats to Feeson on his second win on the trot, and thanks to Matt for organising the comp.

I thought the Standard of entries was extreemly high and picking 3 was extreemly dificult, and I am dead chuffed to have come second. :eek:

Thanks for the comments Steep, and you were right with the location the picture was taken in Imerovigli Santorini. I couldn't believe my luck in the timing of the comp and trip. :LOL:

CT the pic has not had any post processing done yet as I returned just in time to submit the entry, just a resize in PS for web.

My No1 choice was Steep. I thought a classic poscard shot and the balance of the pic seemed just right.
My No2 choice was Feeson. Fantastic shot a place I WANT to visit.(where is it?)
My No3 Choice Matt. Well thought out shot,and great processing ?

Simon

CT said:
Don't get despondent wazza. You definitely need some help reducing the size of your pics. You're losing a lot of quality in the process.

I am not sad CT just learning..... :crying: :crying: :crying: I have a long way to go to meet the standards of my fellow entants. All great shots. 8)

Well done everyone. Thanks for the votes,well chuffed with 5th. I'd have liked better lighting for my entry, a re-visit at dusk or dawn is required i think.

Some short critques for the other entries:-

CT

This one just didn't grab my attention. I don't feel that it fitted into the theme and certainly didn't make me want to visit there. the comosition is okay with the fence drawing you into the image.

MyPix

Perfect for the theme, you dont get much more picture postcard than that. I would have cropped out the dark shadow at the bottom of the frame though.

Dave

Cracking portrait, had the theme been portraits then I would have voted for it. Sorry.

Petemc

I like the kind of Silhouetted sunset / rise. Maybe I would have cloned out the mast. Other than that a nice shot.

Matt

This would have been a real contender for a top 3 postition. However the angles just dont feel right and that is quite distracting. The colours and the exposure are spot on though.

Steep

Another good picture. Not much I would change.

Wazza

Way too much blackness in this shot. I think you would have done better to concentrate on areas of more interest, like the boats centre right of the frame. It also looks like it has had quite heavy USM applied, this maybe just the compression though.

Cripple

Really liked this one, especialy the sun. Only thing I might have changed was cropped a little off the bottom.

EosD

Nice shot Matt. I would have like too a bit more saturation of the colours. The tree line is a little to dark. Maybe a slightly longer exposure would have bought the colours out a bit more. It would have been a perfect shot had it not been for that.

SimonF

Another perfect shot for the theme. Nice one.

dlh

I liked the lighting in this one, a good time of the day to be out with a camera. I do feel you could have got some more interesting shots from that scene though.

Steve

Very nice photograph, hard to critique. I guess the only thing that stands out is the mass of cloud directly above the hill, I know this cant really be helped but if you'd had the same fluffy red and orange clould it would have been a bit more pleasing to the eye.

Dod

Lovely animal portrait. It is a shot that really stood out from the page. The only reason it didn't get my vote is there were similarly strong shots that fitted the theme better.

Kenco1964

Sorry, this one didn't work for me. Another one that really didn't grab my attention. If the sky had a bit more drama which in turn was relflected into the water then it would have been a better shot.

IanC_UK

I get mixed messages from this one, not to sure what I should be looking at, the bowling, the church or the couple on the bench. If you have gone in much closer to the couple, keeping the bowling balls in the the frame and using the flower border to lead you into the shot you would have had a smashing shot.

Feeson

This was one was always going to be the winner. stunning shot 8)

wazza wrote:
I am not sad CT just learning..... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad I have a long way to go to meet the standards of my fellow entants. All great shots. Cool

We're all learning all the time mate. :LOL:

It looks like you rested your camera on a bridge parapet to get that shot, which is fine... often a good substitute when you don't have a tripod, but the out of focus parapet was visible in the foreground and could so easily have been cropped out! The picture has really suffered in being reduced in size with those jagged lines (called aliasing) which happens when the picture starts to get 'pixelly' due to being reduced with too much compression used, or maybe over -sharpened. I'm sure the original was much better and it's a nice shot anyway. :wink:

Here are my comments for the round. Please don't take any offence if you feel they are too negative, its only my opinion.

1. CT,
You've done a very good job of merging these two images together.
I could be tempted up that track.
Your processing of the final image has let you down, sharpening halos are quite visible on the fence posts.

2. MyPix,
Very inviting shot with good use of the tree to frame the left side of the image.
The one thing that lets this down is the horizon, it needs to be straight in this image.
I would also tweek the saturation to bring out the blue of the sky a little.

3. Dave,
I'm certain this image doesn't suit the theme. Your going to get this girl a bad name.

4. Petemc,
Great sky Pete, I'm not sure about the silohetted subject though. Doesn't make me feel like I want to visit.

5. Matt,
Took this image while in Scotland, its made up from three exposures and stitched together in Panorama factory.
I used a 3 stop ND filter to stop the sky from burning out, and to give it the rich blue colour.

6. Steep,
My first choice in this round. This is the sort of place that scores highly on my places to visit list.
Composition is excellent, with the castle being in the left and bottom thirds.
Well done on your placing.

7. Wazza,
You've done quite well here, I think you've got the exposure spot on. The only thing is not enough detail is visible for me to see. You also have a large red glow right across the bottom of the image.

8. Cripple
My second choice. I've always wanted to go skiing and will until I get the opertunity. This is probably one of the most dificult type of image to take, with all of that snow. You've also managed to control the flare from the sun.

9. EosD,
Matty this image has lots of potential and would have been in the top three, but it was let down by the final finish. To me it looks dull, the rape should be a vibrant yellow and the sky should be blue (looks closer to green on my monitor).
I would adjust the levels and add a bit of saturation to the rape to bring back the yellow.

10. SimonF,
I'm afraid this image doesn't make me want to visit.
I don't like the look of the islands, and I don't like the way the sky and sea just merge together.
And I would have liked to see more of the church than just the roof.
Well done with your placing, it shows how different peoples views vary.

11. dlh,
This is a nice and colourful image, the problem for me is, the interesting bits are on the other side of the wall.
The wall leads you into the image towards the church, but there are too many distractions to hold me.

12. digitalSPG,
Great shot, only thing that lets it down for me is, you've cropped the top of the castle off in the reflection.

13. Steve,
I like the bottom half of this image and the sky, but the hill is too dark and dull for me.

14. dod,
This image to me doesn't fit in with the theme, especially now that these chaps can be found all over Britain.
You should also remember never to sever an animals limbs off in your image making.

15. Kenco1964,
This image would have suited the landscape format better and would have made a very good photo. There is too much empty sky and water for me, because of the format you chose.

16. IanC_UK,
This may appeal to the older generations, with the bowling green and the church. But for me it doesn't say,"Make me want to visit".

17. Feeson,
This image got my third placing.
Realy dramatic shot Feeson, love the sky apart from the little bit on the left.
This could have taken my first placing if the sky hadn't been blown out and the rocks in the forground where in focus.

Thanks everyone for taking the time to comment.

Wazza, " I dont know what you guys are really looking at in your comps" none of us really do m8, half the fun is trying to find some way to fill the brief in an interesting way. Your shot was very close to points in my opinion and the only thing that let it down was as CT says the compression artifacts. Do you have a full size uncompressed version of that shot we can look at?

I'm not sure if I interpreted the rules too directly, I actually tried to make my shot look like a postcard, you can see better here http://www.marnoch.org/photography/displayimage.php?album=1&pos=9 If I'd remembered that the forum gallery pages are white I'd have put a thin black border round the outside to show that better.

Steep said:
If I'd remembered that the forum gallery pages are white I'd have put a thin black border round the outside toshow that better.

:LOL: I made exactly the same mistake and lost my white border.

first of all congrats to everyone who entered, well done,

and as mentioned, some filled the brief, and some possibly didnt,
i am not qualified enough to critique anyone elses picture, as this is just a hobby to me, and i'm far from perfect,

i will however explain my picture and why i thought it would fit the bill

firstly , it is a tropical location,( postcard cliche as previously mentioned ) the picture wasnt taken directly for the comp, but out of the 1800 odd i took in Australia i knew at the time i would be using some of them .

the picture was deliberatly taken using the tree as a frame on the left, there is no cropping of this image,

i have however removed a boat ( of some size ) and at least 4 other peeps from the water and shoreline to produce ( imho ) a better focal point ( small tho it is ) ,

the sand area was cleaned up with the heal brush and clone tool from other debris etc that distracted ,

the sky area was selected with a magic wand in PS and more saturation was added along with contrast, the sand area was left as-is, the grassy forground was also selected out and the levels brought up to make it more green so it wasnt full shadow,

the tree was selected and darkened right down to almost black, as it was a lot lighter in the original shot, sorry Steep :wink:

a simple cream border was added with a black outline to give a ' postcard ' effect ( sort-of )

this picture benefits from being bigger, even tho there aint much ' detail ' the tree really stands out and the peeps can be ' seen ' rather than being dots,
i will post the original and a larger version later if i can find time

thanks for those that voted and once again congrats to everyone for entering,

i do however think that we should target more peeps to vote in this monthly competition, i dont think we should force peeps ( cuz we aint into that are we ) , but 18 voters for this month doesnt seem many at all out of 148 members to me. ( 17 of which had to vote to stay in the comp , lol )

i agree , the horizon is off by 1 degree, i banged the grid over it inPS just now, but i'm not personally bothered by getting the horizon perfectly level and its not the end of the world, maybe next time ?

maybe it was just too much like any-old postcard ?? lol

anyway, these are my thoughts,

and i'm glad CT didnt think the image was too messed with , lol :wink:

MP

Like MP i dont feel qualified to critique others photographs, i know what i like, but that doesnt necessarily make for a good photograph ! It is a hobby, im not intending to make it more than a hobby, i am however hoping to take better photographs. Fortuanately i believe i am improving, although the entry for this competition wasnt even close to being a good picture personally for me anyway ! But i was determined to enter something, unfortunately it wasnt good enough :)

The 3 i voted for, which, for me, looked exaclty like postcard shots, and met the brief as i saw it, were

1) feeson - perfect postcard shot, bet you can buy similar in their giftshop !
2) dlh - although a little busy with all the masts, again said postcard to me anyway!
3) Steve - i so wanted to be there ! very calming ! :)

I dont think anybody should be too upset among this competition, lets just hope feeson can come up with a subject this time, that isnt so hard to interprate ! ;) hehehehe

I also changed my mind so many times about all of these ! lol but once sent in you cant change your mind for the vote !

wazza said:
OMG 0 points again..........!

I was looking at the pics and was thinking at the time of voting at the theme....Postcard and will this pic make me want to go and visit. Oh well I will have to try again next time. 0 points again gutted.

The others have hit the nail on the head with regards to your picture, as far as suiting the theme most have already said and I agree, that it pretty much hits the mark spot on. The problem lies with the compression that has reduced the detail level to such an extent that the picture is almost not recognisable and this alone has probably cost you a top three position.

I know that Matt is working on some Photoshop actions specifically aimed at reducing for web and sharpening images so that some of our less experienced users are not unfairly disadvantaged in this area. I also believe that these will be freely available for any member here to download.

EDIT. Matt has kindly finished these now and made them available for download here.

CT has already pointed out about the framing of your picture, having small distractions left in that could easily be removed by a crop will cost you positions against such stiff competition, but believe me when I say that we have all been there and suffered with the same mistakes. You should not take it to heart but instead remember why you lost out and apply that to your next entry. In time you will be in the top three and possibly win. Hey if feeson can fluke it twice, everyone is in with a chance.

wazza said:
Pleasing everyone is not easy, I dont know what you guys are really looking at in your comps and i will keep trying, perhaps one day i will get at least 1 POINT. But I was thinking when i saw many of these pics, fantastic pics but didn't in my view give the subject matter credit.

As said above by fellow entrants, its all down to interpretation.

I actually thought this theme was very easy to shoot for but extremely difficult to capture a photo that would stand out from the crowd. Just think to all the places we have been on holiday and all the images that can be seen on the postcards available, all these are suited to the theme but the cravat was the “(make me want to visit)” bit. That’s how I made my distinctions between some stunning entries that otherwise would have gained my vote but lost out for this round.

Also remember that the scoring system allows a distinction so that the top three images rise to the top of the pile, the flipside is that other images that could be amazing but not quite in the same league as the winners, can and will receive no points. That is in no way saying that they are no good, but simply that there have been better entries submitted for that round.

In all honesty the final points and positions are not the reason to enter this competition, it’s aimed firmly at fun, getting you to shoot a particular subject (that some may never attempt) and most importantly getting feedback to enable improvement. Again everyone is a winner and if everyone improves each round then it will never get any easier but the general standard will rise. It’s a win / win situation. ;)

Keep your chin up and keep entering (as I am sure you will do) and take credit in knowing that you will improve where as Mr feeson can only move one way from the top spot ;)

wazza said:
Steve. This pic I loved, it had character and i could see much wisdom in the pic itself and could imagine sitting on an up turned rowing boat and spending hours of lazy times there, i thought it was a brilliant pic. Got my vote.

Thanks sir, it was shot at Ullswater in the Lake District just after sunrise. It was indeed very peaceful there but unfortunately there was no boat. ;)

Thanks steve for your words of wisdom, I have got so much to learn, it is fun entering and i have enjoyed it very much. One day we all might be upto a good standard. Knowing what to look for as a subject matter is just the start then you take the pic and then you take many more of the same thing over and over again until.....

I was in the lake district this weekend and hopefully some of my shots might be woth looking at when i get round to loading them onto the PC.

yes steve reducing pictures in size has really got to be sorted they lose so much and I do need some help there i have been simply clicking on the reduce size and letting the picture get smaller.

Thanks also to everyone else that has offered me some very usefull advice.

MyPix said:
i have however removed a boat ( of some size ) and at least 4 other peeps from the water and shoreline to produce ( imho ) a better focal point ( small tho it is ) ,

the sand area was cleaned up with the heal brush and clone tool from other debris etc that distracted ,

the sky area was selected with a magic wand in PS and more saturation was added along with contrast, the sand area was left as-is, the grassy forground was also selected out and the levels brought up to make it more green so it wasnt full shadow,

the tree was selected and darkened right down to almost black, as it was a lot lighter in the original shot, sorry Steep :wink:

and i'm glad CT didnt think the image was too messed with , lol :wink:

MP

b*****d! That's it - I retract my vote then. :LOL:

Well done to all there were a lot of nice shots in there, altho like some others I do not feel I am qualified enough to comment on others pics.

Thanks for all the comments :)

Wazza the sun is real, that was how it was shot, the only adjustments made were stitching the pictures together, some dodging on the snow and colour corrections to the sky.
There was a skylight 1b filter on the lens

thanks for the comments guys, i will post a few thoughts of my own at some point!

I realy suck at post processing, its something i really need to work on!

Well done to all the entrants. My attempt to ignore the theme and provide a good looking lady instead obviously doesn't work on you guys, so I will have to try harder next time. ;)

Dave said:
Well done to all the entrants. My attempt to ignore the theme and provide a good looking lady instead obviously doesn't work on you guys, so I will have to try harder next time. ;)

i did have a good look, purely for research purposes though!

Dave said:

Get a better looking girl ;)

Thanks for those that voted for me. As soon as I saw the other entrants I realised that mine was only a nice sunset rather than a "Wish you were here" shot. Oh well :) Congrats to everyone. Roll on new theme \o/

WOW!! Congrats to all of you, and to Feeson for winning a second time round. I was in awe looking at those pictures. I want to visit all of ya now,lol :p I was looking at all three of the competitions and they just seem to be getting better and better. Very nice. Now I did forget to vote, sorry guys :eek:ops: but I can promise you that I will ENTER and vote the next round for sure. I know I won't win but it will be nice to get the feedback. So again congrats to all of you, you all did a wonderful job and should be very proud of those shots.
Cheers, jules. :D

where the hell is Feeson with the new theme????

EosD said:
where the hell is Feeson with the new theme????

I think he has died from the shock of winning twice :LOL:

I have sent him a private message at the weekend to let him know of his misfortune and will give him until next weekend to show his face and give us a new subject. If he has not been online before then, the honour of chosing the new subject will fall at the feet of the second place holder.

So SimonF had better start thinking of a theme just in case. 8)

Unlike round 2 were I specifically went out to shoot something for the comp, this time although I’d been out with the camera, I never went out specifically and most of the shots I took didn’t fit the theme. Rather than not enter at all, I decided to just enter one of my recent shots although I knew I would not do well but at the time thought I’d at least get a point or two…..until I seen the other entries, doesn’t surprise me that I didn’t get a vote. :( Congrats to Feeson AGAIN.
My votes went.
1st…Steve
2nd…Feeson
3rd…Simon F.
Very high standard again this time….(note to self) Must do better!
Ken.

Feeson has been in touch, he is on holiday currently and appogises for not checking in sooner. As he has not had any time to consider a subject for the next round he would like to allow Simon F to chose as he came second.

So come on Simon F, you have until the weekend to chose a subject otherwise the admin will.

Actually I will drop him a PM just so that he knows. :)

Come on Simon!!!!!!

we want a new theme!!

Sorry for the late reply I have been working away all week.

I PM'd Steve earlier with two possibles but I have made my mind up now. (I think) :eek:ops:

Double Take (Make me look twice)

i.e. something that catches the eye and makes you take a second look.

Simon

Back