Photo Hosting sites ?

Name
Allen
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

I have previously used Photobucket , until they switched me off and all my photos went unless I paid up
After some advice from here I switched to Flicker and now I am being told I have 10 days left unless I pay $35 , is this normal ? I don't upload many photos
Any advice ?

Hi Allen. Not knowing the exact content of the email, I would imagine you received 30 days free Pro trial when you signed up and the account should revert to the free option when that expires. The email is probably just prompting you if you want to continue with Pro.

Mac uploader now requires Flicker pro , Your free access expires in 11 days Get filcker pro with a 30% discount for a limited time , click here etc etc

Oh I see. Now I understand what DigitalRev were on about :)

You can continue to upload images to Flickr through the web interface or direct from Lightroom and iPhoto for free. There's a bit more info in this help forum post.

I uploaded a couple of photos to PhotoBucket yesterday to use on here. I normally just upload them to my blog but thought I'd use PB this time to save space. PB was extremely clunky to use now. It took 6 goes to upload 4 photos. It hung, froze and was generally ruddy annoying. If this is now the norm I'd go with someone else.

Re. the OP's question, I've had a PB account for many years and have never paid. I don't use it often but despite prompts to purchase space I just ignored them and my account continued to "work" as normal.

I find Imgur to be pretty good - maintains the full resolution and also has a very active community.

I think it strips the EXIF data though - I prefer how Flickr utilises it.

Google photos - unlimited storage if you let Google compress them (their compression algorithm is very good) and you can link to them from the forum so you can put them in threads etc.

Their uploader app is very good too, works happily away in the background and the app lets you view them very easily too. I may end up ditching Photos to manage my albums/collections because it is that much better at integrating with the rest of the world.

edit: by way of example here are some photos I posted from Google earlier (bottom of thread): https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/show-us-your-underwater-shots-please-add-yours.602503/

Last edited:
Flicker have now locked my access unless I pay $35 and buy my access back again :(

Flickr is free to use unless you have the pro subscription, something not right there...
See post 4.

I don't personally use their uploader tool.

Back