Photo printer?

Name
Donna Gibbons
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,
I'm looking at buying a printer for printing out my photos. An all in one printer would be good, but photo quality is top of my priorities.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

Any budget, I suppose upto £300.
Id like to print 6x4, 10x8. And they are for display purposes, personal, like for a display book or on the wall. Want to build up some kind of portfolio

Hi Donna @cherswansea2001

I did not have enough time earlier..................so, welcome to TP and enjoy your time here looking around, contributing and asking questions :)

As you might appreciate your question is wide too wide open without your giving some more details of what you are looking and why?

Also, you mention an AIO printer.... AFAIK these are only ever A4 printer and do not have the wider number of inks required to print 'highest quality prints'. I have one a Canon TS8250 and I am a very fussy image maker. I was very pleasantly surprised with the quality of the prints I have gotten from it and for display on my whiteboard the TS8250 is fine though in the interests of not using too much ink I have yet to print A4.

However, all the prints I offer for sale are printed by a professional printing service!

PS edit ~ I was typing when you posted above...so
Working back from your "build some kind of portfolio".....if that is to showcase your work to potential clients IMO the question I have is ~ if someone is paying you for you work should you not be showing the finest print quality at the size(s) you will be selling??? But for your personal work and family enjoyment then the sort of printer I mention above would likely do you fine :)

Last edited:
Hi, and thank you.
Budget of upto £300.
Just want to display the photos in a photo book or similar, and maybe for hanging on the wall. I don't think I'm good enough for selling yet, and wouldn't know where to start anyway
Basically, I just want to see my photos in print as soon as their taken, nothing professional at the moment, maybe later on.

I plan to get the Canon TS8350 as soon as they're in stock.

Hi, and thank you.
Budget of upto £300.
Just want to display the photos in a photo book or similar, and maybe for hanging on the wall. I don't think I'm good enough for selling yet, and wouldn't know where to start anyway
Basically, I just want to see my photos in print as soon as their taken, nothing professional at the moment, maybe later on.

OK, well I stand by what I said above.

The TS8250 is no longer available....I think it the TS8350 or similar number. I paid £119 £89.95 for mine sometime in early 2020 or late 2019.

To save repeating myself I will a similar thread discussion to this one for you to read ;)

Home A4 photo printer | Talk Photography

And my initial impressions from when I got it
Canon TS8250.................quite impressed | Talk Photography

Last edited:
Is a printer your only consideration? Pixum.co.uk provide real quality printing at a reasonable prices, but you would need to balance up the numbers involved in your printing intentions to see if it was a viable option versus a printer and ink.

Back