Beginner Photo sharing site

Name
Christian
Edit My Images
No
I got married last year and have some wedding pics which I would like to share with friends etc. Can someone recomend me a FREE site I can upload them to and share a link for viewing them ?

I have heard of Picasa, Dropbox and a few others but have never used them.

Thanks in advance.

You could try Flickr. Free, but restricting access relies on everyone having their own free Flickr account and you setting up the permissions. I think Picassa is slightly easier for restricted sharing when you don't want too much hassle.

(assuming these are either photos taken by friends/family or ones where you've got written permission to share them if they were taken by a pro)

Thanks Alastair, I have Flickr but not sure about others. I was looking more along the lines of a link folks could click and see the pics without registering etc. The pics are ones taken by myself and other drunken toggers lol.

Having looked at a few other's dropbox accounts, my experience is that it's an advert plagued monstrosity.
I'm using flickr at the mo which is a much more pleasant experience- though a few have complained they over sharpen some of their images.

you could put them in your gallery here ;)

I didn't know I had a gallery here. How much space do you get ?

Cheers Bryan I will give it a try. I tried the TP gallery but it said my images were too big.

I kind of assumed you were going to resize them for web viewing

well you don't have to , unless you are usng the tp gallery - but uploading full res files will kill your data allowance, while any rellies on slow connections won't thank you when they try to download them

What's the easiest program to use for resizing 50+ pics ?

Lightroom's certainly easy- you can export/upload/resize and rename in a batch- probably cheaper options though if you don't have it already.

Back