Photobook recommendations?

Name
Maria
Edit My Images
Yes
Doing a photobook for his lordship, he wants a 'car' book, and I've got lots of pics of his cars....

I've used CEWE before and they're ok, not overly pleased with Vistaprint as the paper was pretty rubbish despite 'upgrading' it.

Looking for A4 landscape format, spend about £40-50 or thereabouts, anyone got any recommendations? (or anyone to avoid!)

Thanks

I just did a SAAL photo book - they were offering a £ 40 off for reviewing the product on social media - anyway just received it and I'm pretty pleased with it - 36 or 40 pages cost me £ 11 extra. See if you can find the coupon...

I ordered a Blurb book during their 50% off Black Friday thing. I tried uncoated "proline" paper (their top of the range) and it was terrible. What I mean by that is that it was ok for the £25 I paid for it, but if I'd had to pay full whack (£50) I'd have been really disappointed. It had a nasty glossy sheen to it that must be some sort of coating because I've never seen matt paper shine before... The proline "pearl photo" (glossy - coated) paper is OK but very glossy to the point of using the word "plasticy" to describe it.

Watching the thread with interest as I'd like to see if there are other mid-priced book makers out there.

@andrewc I've just had a look at Saal and they offer a large range of papers, but only one price on their "prices" page. Is the paper choice in the software somewhere?

Last edited:
I have started using nphoto and there customer service is amazing
haven’t received the product yeti will update when i do

I've had 3 done with bobs books in that price range. 26 pages, lay flat on best glossy paper and I'm really pleased with them. Haven't tried any others but if there are any out there better then they must be really good.

I did one through Blurb too, I was impressed but it was pretty expensive, in the largest format with premium matte paper at 240 pages it came in at £75 and that was with a 40% discount !
Very good and a worthwhile experience as a one off.

If you want to create your own photobook Fotospeed sell the binders and double sided paper so you can do your own prints, you can add or remove sheets as you want.

Here's a link, search the site for paper.

Hi Maria, I used Blurp for a book i put together of my Iceland trip if you want to have a look at the real thing, can bring it to the club Monday?
Trevor

Back