Photographer needed 18th December

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Guys,

I look after a charity called the Christian Blandford Fund which I set up a few years ago when my son had cancer. One of the things we do is buy a load of toys and give them to the kids who are at St George's Hospital in Tooting over Christmas, so on the 18th Dec, I am wearing the Santa outfit and heading over there. My son Christian is now, thankfully, very well and is going to be one of Santa's elves. It is nice to have a photographer come along so we can take photos and put them on the website so parents can download a copy for free and we have some photos for our website. Hugh from Boy Meet Girl Photography very kindly did it a couple of years and Trevor Jacobs did it a few years ago, both from this wonderful community of photographers.

Is there anybody local who would be willing to come along? I'm happy to supply a D800 and flash, and pay for your travel costs myself. I am due to be there at 11.00am. I'm happy to do all the RAW processing myself or leave it for you, as you prefer. Obviously I will give a big thanks on our website and facebook page!

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

Pete hi, I'm off work that day so could probably make it. I guess it's arrive about 10.00 am then a few hours snapping and finished by 2.00 pm? I've enough kit to supply myself so no worries regarding that. Not exactly local (North of London) but I could come in by motorbike and I'd pay my own travel costs (it's a charity after all). If you dont get anyone else more local please let me know if you need me.
Matt

Hi Matt,

That is really kind, thank you very much!

Usually we arrive around 11ish and are done by 2pm. I'm happy to see if there is anybody more local, but if nobody agrees in the next day or so, I'd love to take you up on your kind offer?

Hi Matt,

That is really kind, thank you very much!

Usually we arrive around 11ish and are done by 2pm. I'm happy to see if there is anybody more local, but if nobody agrees in the next day or so, I'd love to take you up on your kind offer?

Cool, pm me for my home e-mail and mobile number as I sometimes have a few days off here.

ps - please stop doing the"like" stuff or I'll start blushing, I like to keep my charity work/donations anonymous and I'm not looking for praise etc.

Last edited:
^ Like ;)

Well done Matt. Put a smile on my face.

^ like again ;)

@ShawWellPete

I am glad to hear that your lad is now doing well and I think it is a crackingly good thing that you do for the other young patients at those hospitals ~ respect to you and yours sir :)

I speak as one who as a child aged 4 (crumbs 60 years ago!!) who having broken my leg I was in hospital over Christmas.......and received a gift, I surmise from Santa. I don't recall everything about that period in hospital but what I was given and what it meant to get it, I remember to this day.

@MatBin
Put any blushes aside........good on you for doing what you did to help make the kids & parents day by photographing the "event".

Back