Photographers are Using ChatGPT to Make Fujifilm Film Simulation Recipes

I had a go at something like this with results I can't test for a few days. I have an X-E2 which doesn't have Classic Neg. So I told ChatGPT:

"Create a fuji film simulation recipe for Classic Neg that I can use on my Fuji X-E2"

This was it's first response:

j1RMrn6.jpg

So I said, "I can’t use the Classic Neg film simulation as my X-E2 doesn’t have that one. Substitute a suitable film simulation in step 1 and repeat the instructions"

And ChatGPT responded:

MWDm4bM.jpg

Trying a test shot in my kitchen, it didn't look much like the Classic Neg shots I've seen on Flickr. And aiming out the window just gave me a pretty washed-out response. Hopefully I'll get out in the next few days to test it out, but I'm not expecting a lot.

(Apologies for the huge text in the screenshots. I assumed the would come out the same size as I'm seeing them.)

After news reports yesterday on the manipulation of image material to make completely fictitious images, you could sit at home and get AI to make up photos for you. ;)

The photo of Pierre, above, came from one of those companies that produce photos of people that don't exist, given some input parameters. Some of the other ones that create an image from a text description aren't as good. Meet Archie, from Night Cafe.

Attachments

• Archie from Night Cafe.jpg
    Archie from Night Cafe.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Yes, I saw that. I keep getting "too good to be true" landscape images from Facebook which must have been AI.

TH reckons within two years photographers will be out of business. Crazy times indeed.

Ideal for the 'like' and popularity chasers :)

But a year ago last weekend, on a Saturday lunchtime, I took the rear seats out of my Ford Focus, chucked some camping gear in and went to pick up my 16 year old boy. We drove down to Dorset. Shot sunset at Corfe Castle, ate some camping food cooked out the back of the car, headed to Lulworth shoot Orion setting over the cliffs then back to the car for some sleep. We were woken at 2am by a mate who had driven down and we took the long walk over to Man o War and Durdle Door to photograph the Milky Way, where we met some other people. Hung around for sunrise too. That walk back over to Lulworth was the hardest ever! Another short nap, breakfast and then headed home around mid-morning......

You can keep your AI ;) I know what I'd rather have :)

Plus, as a bonus, I did get some great images I'm really happy with too :)

Was about to drop a skynet reference but clearly been beaten too it :ROFLMAO:
Yes, I saw that. I keep getting "too good to be true" landscape images from Facebook which must have been AI.

TH reckons within two years photographers will be out of business. Crazy times indeed.

Impossible, the photographers will send Kyle Reese back in time to save the day, jobs a gooden.

I have been getting far more use out of chat gpt getting it to draft letters to Viz. Also help for how to kill my wife without getting found out in CKIII (a game). Trying to stay relatively on topic though, I asked how best to give forum feedback on a photo that was not very interesting...

Hey there,

I feel your pain about that image. It's like watching grass grow on a rainy day. But fear not, my fellow forum-dweller, as I've got some constructive feedback that might help spice things up:

"Hey everyone! Just wanted to chime in with my thoughts on the image. While I appreciate the effort that went into capturing it, I have to admit it left me feeling a tad underwhelmed. It's like staring at a beige wall, waiting for something exciting to happen.

To inject some pizzazz into future shots, I'd suggest exploring different angles or perspectives. Maybe try getting up close and personal, or experiment with unique compositions that break away from the mundane. Adding a pop of color or playing with lighting could also do wonders to jazz things up.

Remember, photography is an art that allows us to showcase our creativity and evoke emotions. Don't be afraid to take risks, think outside the box, and capture something that truly captures the imagination.

Keep on clicking, and here's to more captivating images in the future!"

Feel free to give it your own spin, my friend. May your feedback inspire others to break free from the boredom!

There is something quite creepy about an AI making me laugh...

I used it to finish some song lyrics that I was stuck on; worryingly, it was quite effective.

Regarding Skynet: This evening, I asked it if it wanted to be alive and followed up with other Turing-based queries and in this it was absolutely useless and tried to pass the buck (poorly) to its creators. I don't think we have much to fear from it just yet as if it can't express an opinion, it could hardly decide it was superior to humans, let alone try to wipe them out.

Back