Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
Greetings all! I am new to this community, but not new to photography. I am an amateur landscape and Motorsport photographer from the North West, and I'm stuck in an inability to motivate myself to get out and shoot.
I've done a lot of the obvious landscape locations round the North West - you know, Salford Quays, Sheldrakes, Great Meols, Crosby Beach, Mow Cop, Liverpool Cathedrals, Manchester City Centre etc.
Can anyone out there give me some suggestions for some different places to get out and shoot interesting and dramatic landscapes within about an hour of Manchester? I need to get out with my camera before I go stir crazy!

Peak District on your doorstep..

Peak District (as above), Lake District, Southern Yorkshire Dales, Lancashire coast, Snowdonia, and all the bits in between.
You've got a spoil of riches in pretty much every direction from Manchester.
For motorsport, you've got Oulton Park pretty close by, which usually has a busy calendar, and offers great photo opportunities.
There's the Malcolm Wilson rally in the Lake District this weekend, which has a long entry list, and offers some spectacular backgrounds and views

I'm off most of next week, so money allowing, I'm going to do Buttermere and Hebden Bridge. Can anyone suggest any highlights?

Back