Photographers want to catch a break?

Edit My Images
Yes
If your under 18 and an avid photography, and understand the basics of apatures and shutterspeeds etc and would like to help out in my studio a few days here and there when i have big shoots on, i might just need some one. Also im around for mentoring, although im young myself, i have had amazing opportunities and therefore would like to offer them to others, as a kinda, thankyou to my parents in an around about way.

So in short. If your young, or..infact HOWever old you are, if you'd like to come and do some work with me your more than welcome. just drop us a message on my website.

GregRycroftPhotography.com
x

i would but unfortuanetly way to far away. So how did you get all of these shoots and how long have you been into photography?

i mean AWAY not AWAT of dear i will go hang my head n shame or go take some photos.

lol, my spellings bad, so im wont be insulting anyone :/

erm, ive been into it for a year, i work at a camera shop part time, and that enables me to learn about all sorts of products etc.

I get shoots through networking online with people, going out and taking business cards, wacking them to people, infact, one night, i whent with a band to shoot for them at a gig, and i made more money, from sellig shots for peoples myspaces that i took that night, than the band paid me to be there.

I have a double garage and studio lights, and that enables me to have a good setup with 0 out goings each month, all i did when i was in year 11 was shoot anyone that wanted photos. then when it came to sixform.. i left ... a bold move.. miss my friends but it gave me enough time to setup properly, Through work, i had connections to a studio. John surbey then agreed to take me on as an assistant and so i learnt, and still do learn things there. The key is business skills. If you have the guts, and the confidence in your work, you can ring any reasonable business and get them to conisider you for some fashion work.

I also approached fashion designers and am still in the presces of sorting prices for them.

SO thats my life story. And im willing to share some of it with anyone that does live near enough. and isnt an emo :p .

(Y) oh, and music photography at a young age is a great way to get your name known. I ended up been known by name all over nabouring towns because of bands i had done shots for. All you have to do, is make sure you practice for free untill you have a portfolio that can impress.

XD wow i write incoherently. :~ and cant spell as i mentioned. sorry for that.

A really generous offer by Greg imo.(y)

Hopefully someone will ignore the rather needless spelling/grammar comments, and grasp what is a fairly rare opportunity...

Nice one for trying to offer something back mate.:clap:

Not needless at all and although tongue firmly in cheek, it does matter in business as it's all part of the overall impact a presentation gives, and how it's received

On this site it arguably matters not one jot, but in pre-approach letters looking to have a Pro take one on - it matters. So long as more care & attention is taken at the appropriate time, it's just a bit of fun here

Greg's offer and sentiment behind it are both first class (y)

Interesting shots on your website too, though unless ck actually commissioned that shot as an advert, you'd better watch out they don't see it or their lawyers will be visiting faster than any wannabe tog :LOL:

aha yeah i do take care when writing to people where its important however i dont have my glasses and im at work atm :O lol. and aha true matey, really should get rid of that one, took it some time ago now and put that on for his benefit, but yeah best take it off before im sued for all ive got :p

and aha btw the prom photos i didnt take! thats why there bad ;) my dad tried his best :p and i appreciate what he did, cause ppl i whent to skl with are..... erm ... hard to work with ;) lol.

Not needless at all and although tongue firmly in cheek, it does matter in business as it's all part of the overall impact a presentation gives, and how it's received.

I popped a full stop at the end there for you Dave, (all firmly tounge in cheek, of course!!);)

On this site it arguably matters not one jot... but in pre-approach letters looking to have a Pro take one on - it matters. So long as more care & attention is taken at the appropriate time, it's just a bit of fun here

I totally agree, it matters not a jot here, so why highlight it?:shrug:

Greg's offer and sentiment behind it are both first class (y)

And that was all I was pointing out.(y)

yeh I would love to as well, but im just too far away:crying:

Highlighting it as these 2 are youngsters getting into the Pro field - thought it was a bit of advice TBH

Soz if it offended

Aside from which, I still remember a whole thread on the subject of the spelling of 'lens' recently and one on 'colours' too

lol lads, some people are dislexic so spelling correction is a little harshe, but for me, its just because im on a mac keyboard atm and its pants. All you people saying you live too far away where abouts? cause i have family in places that i travel to so if i have a job anywhere near i can easily sort something out.

Totally agree with DD here.

Aside from which, I still remember a whole thread on the subject of the spelling of 'lens' recently and one on 'colours' too
Seems it's OK sometimes and not others.
Maybe we need the line defining so we know when we cross it. :shake:

SOH bypasses not withstanding I shall continue regardless.

keep on topic lads ;) its about helping young ppl that want to try and learn and make it in the big wide world - not my bad spelling :p

And there's the difference.

Those were threads specifically about spelling. This is a thread about offering help which has been hijacked because of a couple of spelling mistakes. That's why I'll probably get round to tidying it up too ;)

And there's the difference.

Those were threads specifically about spelling. This is a thread about offering help which has been hijacked because of a couple of spelling mistakes. That's why I'll probably get round to tidying it up too ;)

[S3]Nice one Dod, this thread was going way off topic[/S3]

Greg, well done for making this generous offer, it's good to see some people putting something back. Am I too old at 46? :LOL:

:clap: :clap:

lol mate, your not too old, but it would be weird learning from a 17year old no?

but im sure you'd love to meet some of the models i use XD lol.

are you going to put the images your shoots on your website?

All you people saying you live too far away where abouts? cause i have family in places that i travel to so if i have a job anywhere near i can easily sort something out.

Hiya, I'm in Nottingham just in case you get any jobs to do around here ;)

yeah i have an uncle that lives there, i may well go up to do some shots etc so ill let you know soon.

Back