Photographers with ibs

Colitis for me and a new and interesting development called Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis
seems okay for now but it can affect my life. certain spices or just food groups play havoc with my insides.
orange juice, some peppery spices and indian-food, for example

Ive been tried and tested for everything, nothing found, cramps, diarrhea, constipation, bloating, everything, trouble is its not all the time, maybe get an attack for a couple of days maybe twice a month and sometimes there's zero warning, a severe pain then im afraid if im not within 30 seconds of a toilet its whoooosh, been caught out several times in public, not nice.
Just came across thread I have overactive immune system my issue repeats many of your issues but after colonoscopy and several samples being tested they came out with bile salts imbalance oddly antibiotics would keep me on the narrow path eventually I was prescribed a strong probiotics supplement i still get swings but not as severe but may be worth your enquiring

Another one here who has a lifetime membership to the club. I have Crohn's. Fortunately I am on immuno-suppressants and they seem to be keeping me stable with just an odd off day or three but certainly not as tough as some of you guys have. (The only down side is I catch lots of sniffles and bugs :()

My mum had Crohn's and ended up having major operation after major operation and they said it wasn't hereditary but it appears it is!

For food, the simple tip I was given was to avoid things that are tough to digest so broccoli stalks; tomato skins are two good (or bad!) examples. Strangely, and thankfully I am not affected by spicy food as I love anything spicy.

One person mentioned earlier that nicotine can help. It is the other way around. Smoking is one of the key irritants for IBS and Crohn's so if you can, change to vaping or stop!

Last edited:
Had a bad day yesterday, but feeling a little better today, not long got up after being in and out of bed since 11:00am yesterday. Trying to explain to the wife how you feel and to understand the effects this has on me. The only way I could explain was, I felt like a child and just felt really un-well with the bowel problems. It's hard to put into words sometimes.

Good thing about it though, the in-laws call on a Monday evening so I didn't have to listen to them. :LOL:

Hi guys.

Can't believe this was 3 years ago.

My condition has got a lot worse over past few years and I am still no further forward with tests etc.

I gave up the hobby for a long time bit I have decided I need to not let it beat me. It has literally got to the point that even going to local shops is an impossibility without knowing there is a toilet.

As I have had so little help with getting anywhere professionally I am going to try and brat it on my own.

Small steps but I hope it will work!

Guys as a non sufferer of IBS but I have a wife that does I shall be pointing her here for all your wonderful positive advise. Sincerely, I hope you all continue to find relief from your pain.

Reactions: FSV
Back