Photographing at Anfield

Name
PHILIP
Edit My Images
No
My wonderful girlfriend bought me two tickets for us both to go see Liverpool v Newcastle at Anfield in April. Now as you may know I'm a massive Liverpool fan and this will be my first game at Anfield in years so as you can tell i'm pretty excited :clap:

Now I was wondering what are the rules in taking cameras into the stadium to get some shots of the players etc just for my personal album. I was thinking of taking my 1D3 with 135L and 1.4X tc, am i likely to get it confiscated or should i be ok to snap away :shrug:

My wonderful girlfriend bought me two tickets for us both to go see Liverpool v Newcastle at Anfield in April. Now as you may know I'm a massive Liverpool fan and this will be my first game at Anfield in years so as you can tell i'm pretty excited :clap:

Now I was wondering what are the rules in taking cameras into the stadium to get some shots of the players etc just for my personal album. I was thinking of taking my 1D3 with 135L and 1.4X tc, am i likely to get it confiscated or should i be ok to snap away :shrug:

Premiership ground (for now :p) so strictly speaking no cameras allowed.

Not sure what the stewards are like at Anfield, usually its a case of big camera gets you spotted, point and shoot is fine

Spectactors are strictly not allowed to use camera equipment in any ground so you have every chance of your gear being confiscated, particularly as you will be clearly using 'pro' equipment that will stand out. Now, admittedly you might get away with it, depending on the stewards and how well they enforce the rules but the regulations completely forbid you from doing it so you will be taking a risk! As Andy states, Point and Shoot cameras and Phone cameras will often be 'ignored' since they are very common these days and a lot of people carry them, but your gear, as I said, would probably make you stand out.

Sorry to be negative!

Last edited:
I was going to ask the same thing as im going to the game on thursday. Shame that but wil just take the compact!
Cheers

Philip, you lucky chappy! bet you cant wait to go! :)

If they confiscate the camera, i'm assuming they'll put it away for you until the end of the match......

If this is the case, i would take the pro gear, and also a compact, so its a win/win situation :)

Very little chance of getting your pro gear into the ground. Just go and enjoy the game and watch Andy Carroll sticking a couple past his old team.

Very little chance of getting your pro gear into the ground. Just go and enjoy the game and watch Andy Carroll sticking a couple past his old team.

Would be great to see him get a couple of goals! :D:cool:

I'd want to take my camera down there too.....dont blame you to be honest.....

Philip, you lucky chappy! bet you cant wait to go! :)

If they confiscate the camera, i'm assuming they'll put it away for you until the end of the match......

If this is the case, i would take the pro gear, and also a compact, so its a win/win situation :)

Hi Vishal I am a very lucky chappy, cos it includes the night in a 4 star hotel with sauna and steam rooms (y), plus i'll be wearing the new shirt she got me with my name and number on the back :D

I'm not sure I want to take the risk of loosing my camera so it looks like i'll have to take the Iphone, and you guys are right I should just go and enjoy the match.

Carroll to net in a 3-0 win....c'mon you reds :D

Hi Vishal I am a very lucky chappy, cos it includes the night in a 4 star hotel with sauna and steam rooms (y), plus i'll be wearing the new shirt she got me with my name and number on the back :D

Your missus needs to have some words with my missus! She sounds very clued up! ;)

I've been trying to get hold of tickets for a while now, but it seems near impossible to get a set, unless if you're a paying member, even then you're not guaranteed a spot....

(y):D(y)

I'm not sure I want to take the risk of loosing my camera so it looks like i'll have to take the Iphone, and you guys are right I should just go and enjoy the match.

you just know your going to be sat within ten seats of some git with a 7d and a 70-200 getting loads of pics...thats generally how it works :)

Your missus needs to have some words with my missus! She sounds very clued up! ;)

I've been trying to get hold of tickets for a while now, but it seems near impossible to get a set, unless if you're a paying member, even then you're not guaranteed a spot....

(y):D(y)

Haha, I know what you mean and we've only been going out 2 months....The future's bright.....the future's RED :D

As for liverpool, that Suarez looks awesome he's looking much better than er what's his face :thinking: nope can't think of his name :shrug: :D

Haha, I know what you mean and we've only been going out 2 months....The future's bright.....the future's RED :D

As for liverpool, that Suarez looks awesome he's looking much better than er what's his face :thinking: nope can't think of his name :shrug: :D

:LOL:

Yep, Suarez looks like he's putting the effort in! Looks hungry for the ball which is nice to see for a change! :D

Are you talking about el-nano? :D :LOL:

The stewards aren't usually so bad, especially if you just get a few shots during the warm up etc. Other fans can get pretty hostile towards people taking pictures instead of watching the game though. Take a point and shoot, get a couple of shots during the warm up then put it away and start making Anfield the best atmosphere in the prem' again is my advice.

Phil get a big stick on black beard, chuck a tea towel on yer 'ed and say your from Al Jazeera TV doing a documentary on Liverpool FC.:D

Failing that just tell them your Tony (Kipax). :LOL:

The stewards aren't usually so bad, especially if you just get a few shots during the warm up etc. Other fans can get pretty hostile towards people taking pictures instead of watching the game though. Take a point and shoot, get a couple of shots during the warm up then put it away and start making Anfield the best atmosphere in the prem' again is my advice.

I think with King Kenny in charge Anfield will soon be back to having the best atmosphere (y)

The future's bright.....the future's RED :D

Oh dear it's that time of the month again - never mind Phil :LOL:

I remember when Phil was off here for a bit - he'd just been away for a weekend with his new GF. Still going well obviously - good on ya.

Take a P&S and go and enjoy it the atmosphere.

OOOOhhhh now there's a thought :naughty:

though I wouldn't want my lens steaming up :LOL:

Images must be shown to prove authenticity of post Phil:naughty:.

Have a Great Valentines Pressie;)!(y) why bother yourself with the "images"?, take a compact!, get the days atmosphere!, & enjoy the experiance!, I can honestly say the Photographers side of Pro shooting is far from "enjoying" the game!!, in fact I sometimes during the game don't even remember the score:LOL:?:shrug:. Kind regards Graham.

Oh dear it's that time of the month again - never mind Phil :LOL:

I remember when Phil was off here for a bit - he'd just been away for a weekend with his new GF. Still going well obviously - good on ya.

Take a P&S and go and enjoy it the atmosphere.

Haha very good Rob :)

Yep it's only been two months but things are going great, I think i'll follow your advice buddy and just bask in the atmosphere with a P&S oh and the video on my Iphone :D

Images must be shown to prove authenticity of post Phil:naughty:.

Have a Great Valentines Pressie;)!(y) why bother yourself with the "images"?, take a compact!, get the days atmosphere!, & enjoy the experiance!, I can honestly say the Photographers side of Pro shooting is far from "enjoying" the game!!, in fact I sometimes during the game don't even remember the score:LOL:?:shrug:. Kind regards Graham.

Haha i'd have to clear that before I could post any images, and they'd have to go in the glamour section :D

You're right Graham, many a time i've come home from photographing Farsley and had to rack my brains to remember the score lol....I put it down to old age :LOL:

....I can honestly say the Photographers side of Pro shooting is far from "enjoying" the game!!, in fact I sometimes during the game don't even remember the score:LOL:?:shrug:.

I have to agree, I usually have to look at the scoreboard at the end to check the score. :LOL:

....I think i'll follow your advice buddy and just bask in the atmosphere with a P&S oh and the video on my Iphone :D

Don't forget 'Keep your horizons straight'. :LOL:

too be honest phil, i reckon you'll be fine, the stewards are usually too busy getting in the way of the photographers near the dugout, dont think they will even see you!
but its a risk....

Apologies for taking this thread a bit off topic. I was wondering if shooting at Anfield is as awkward as it always appears to be whenever I watch a game there on TV? What catches my attention is the way photographers barely seem to have any room and have to be plonked right down on their 'bottoms'. It just doesn't look very comfortable to me. I'm lucky that both SJP and the SoL up here have ample room behind the boards to sit, because I don't think I'd enjoy the Anfield conditions too much, from what I've seen.

But then, maybe I've got the wrong impression? :shrug:

Hope you don't mind my slight devition here Phil. I'll edit the post to get rid of my question if you wish.:)

Apologies for taking this thread a bit off topic. I was wondering if shooting at Anfield is as awkward as it always appears to be whenever I watch a game there on TV? What catches my attention is the way photographers barely seem to have any room and have to be plonked right down on their 'bottoms'. It just doesn't look very comfortable to me. I'm lucky that both SJP and the SoL up here have ample room behind the boards to sit, because I don't think I'd enjoy the Anfield conditions too much, from what I've seen.

But then, maybe I've got the wrong impression? :shrug:

Hope you don't mind my slight devition here Phil. I'll edit the post to get rid of my question if you wish.:)

Exactly how it looks on the box, except worse!!!
Not only are you given 1 ft squared of room, you have all sorts of electrical boxes etc to dodge.
Usually i find a nice spot away from everyone, then get moved by a steward.
Liverpool is officially my worst ground ive photographed at!

Ha Ha theres no way i would take two and a half grands worth of camera gear to liverpool,you know what scousers are like.
:whistle:

Oh dear, lots of scousers on here... Any way did you here about the bike test? Totally off tpoic but got to protect the best city in the world!

"Bicycle owners are more vulnerable to theft in Glasgow than any other major city outside London, according to a new survey.

Bicycle owners are more vulnerable to theft in Glasgow than any other major city outside London, according to a new survey.

An insurance company tested how quickly unlocked cycles were stolen in 10 UK cities to highlight the importance of securing them properly.

It found that a bike they left in Buchanan Street, Glasgow, was taken after just 90 minutes, compared to London Bridge Station, where one disappeared after only 17 minutes.

Birmingham was third in More Than's league table of bicycle crime after one was taken in less than two hours from a market.

In contrast, Liverpool is the safest place to leave an unsecured bike, with lazy thieves taking almost four hours to liberate a test bike costing £130."

Oh dear, lots of scousers on here... Any way did you here about the bike test? Totally off tpoic but got to protect the best city in the world!

"Bicycle owners are more vulnerable to theft in Glasgow than any other major city outside London, according to a new survey.

Bicycle owners are more vulnerable to theft in Glasgow than any other major city outside London, according to a new survey.

An insurance company tested how quickly unlocked cycles were stolen in 10 UK cities to highlight the importance of securing them properly.

It found that a bike they left in Buchanan Street, Glasgow, was taken after just 90 minutes, compared to London Bridge Station, where one disappeared after only 17 minutes.

Birmingham was third in More Than's league table of bicycle crime after one was taken in less than two hours from a market.

In contrast, Liverpool is the safest place to leave an unsecured bike, with lazy thieves taking almost four hours to liberate a test bike costing £130."

Just because scousers are a bunch of idle gits who don't get out of bed until mid afternoon doesn't make the area safe! :LOL:

I wouldn't risk it personally. Even if you got in with the equipment as soon as you started using it the stewards would arrive.

If you are there for more than just the day of the match why not try to book on the stadium tour. Probably not see the players, but they may let you get some photographs around the stadium and pitch area if you ask them before the visit.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/history/tour-and-museum

Don't believe I am answering this as a season ticket holder from across the Park!!!

Back