Photographing in Monaco

Name
Brian
Edit My Images
Yes
I am taking two models to Italy at the end of the month and we land in Nice so I want to do a little fashion type shooting in Monaco for a few hours before going on to our accommodation in Italy. I have been reading about the pitfalls of photographing around the principality so I have applied for a permit and await their response. Does anyone here have any experience of photographing in Monaco? I have just read this article https://www.rebecca-marshall.com/ph...orld situation I imagine very much of the now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the blog post is a tad alarmist to say the least. Monaco is a circus, particularly at this time of year. I would recommend you go to Nice and get out early in the morning as there are many more photographic opportunities than in the Principality.
31490435_785920018265214_5058416613540233216_o.jpg

32359622_791204547736761_4912776299757436928_o.jpg
32205846_791204554403427_5562980167359397888_o.jpg

Unfortunately my wife AND the two models insist we do Monaco and I ain’t arguing either 3 of ‘em LOL
I anticipate being there for around 4 hours as I have a lengthy journey to our accommodation.

See what the permit allows you to do as far as shooting and use of the shots then take it from there.

If they want too many Euro’s then I just might wing it ha ha ha

I have been given permission to photograph based on the criteria I provided to them, basically say I wanted to photograph for a few hours on the local tourist routes. Google translate French to English. No fee involved.

Prince's Government
MONACO PRINCIPATY
Monaco, Date, 2018
Department of the Interior
Int No. 2018-4179
AUTHORIZATION
Considering the request presented on Date, 2018 by the Direction of the Communication,
under the reference 2018-4179;
The Minister of State of the Principality of Monaco;
Authorized
Mr XXXX, acting on his behalf, to take shots
terrestrial photography and cinematography, in the Principality, as part of a
personal and for social networks.
The beneficiary must be in charge of the Security Department
Public when the implementation of particular material means will be likely to provide
inconvenience to the public or to urban car traffic.
Any aerial photography requiring a derogation from the overflight rules
agglomerations defined by the International Civil Aviation Organization remains
subject to a special authorization for aerial work issued by the Engineer
of the Civil Aviation Service.
It is recalled that, in general, the authorizations of shooting
issued by the Prince's Government are in no way valid for the Palace Square, the
Prince's Palace, the properties of the Princely family, the Exotic Garden and the
properties belonging to the Société des Bains de Mer, for which special authorizations
will have to be obtained.
It is understood that these shots can not be used for other purposes
than those which were the subject of the present application.
This authorization is valid from date, 2018 to date, 2018
Copies to: - Mairie
- S.B.M. Press Service
- Audiovisual Archives - Video Library
Ministry of State, Place de la Visitation BP 522
MC98015 MONACO CEDEX
Such. (+37 7) 98 98 80 00
Fax. (+377) 93 50 82 45
P. The
P. The Minister of State,
Government

Back