Photography Competition round 8 – Public Highway – closing date 27th Nov

S

Steve

DJW and CT took join first place in the last round of the competition and CT kindly handed DJW the honour of choosing a new theme. After some deliberation it has therefore been decided that PUBLIC HIGHWAY is to be our next subject.

As usual everyone that is a member can join in and the more the merrier. Hopefully this round will get a few more entries than the last although it has to be said that the standard was very high.

The closing date for this round is 18.00 on November 27th.

Rules and details of how to enter can be found HERE

Good luck everybody!

now then, that's a tricky one. fortunately (?) I live slapbang next to the busiest one in Bath! I jst hope we don't get 380 odd images of light trails!

I would be happy with 380 odd images of anything for this round ;)

Well today I intend to re-visit somewhere I discovered earlier this week to see if the scene is suitable for this round. Admittedly it was weekend when I last visited and many people where off work so today may not provide the same situation. Not to worry, it will be a nice ride out. :)

Interesting subject guys. Gives everyone plenty of time too! Just hope we don't all get the same shots,lol. You know what I mean,just before dusk when the sky has a beautiful blue to it. Slow shutter speeds to blur all the traffic lights,lol I guess we'll all have to put on our creative hats,hmm. It will be interesting to see everyones take on this one.

Off to play on the highway. :)

Jewel.

So far I've seen nothing but boring highways and not much in the way of lateral ideas either.
I'll keep thinking about it.

The competition thought had left me for a few days so a

^bump^

for the thread might help anyone else similarly forgetful.

Well I got one reasonable shot - I dunno if it's the one I'll go with though. Not an easy subject at all. :ponders: Whoever said it had to be easy though? ;)

I have nothing here either. Mind you I have been out in the country, up the alps and near the lakes...not exactly public highways.

I am still optomistic about getting a suitable photo for this round. Plenty of time remaining. :)

Good man Joe! Let's hope we get a lot more entries for this round. :FIcamera0

Umm now you may have made it possible to identify your entry which is against the rules so it will have to be disqualified...all entries must be anonymous so that the voting is fair.

Please enter something else if possible or edit your post ;)

Steve said:
Umm now you may have made it possible to identify your entry which is against the rules so it will have to be disqualified...all entries must be anonymous so that the voting is fair.

Please enter something else if possible or edit your post ;)
I will have to enter something else anyway then, as I have already posted the pic on this forum. :(

Is this a new rule change? Im sure in previous rounds i have recognised entries from elsewhere, even from these forums themselves.

Dont get me wrong, I think the rule is great. :)

No it is not new, it is possible that you have seen photos cross posted on different forums by the same members, there is nothing really we can do about that. If we do recognise a picture submitted to be one already shown here it will be disallowed in the interest of keeping the voting as fair as possible. I would hope that who ever is handling the competition for that round would contact you to let you know though and not just disallow the entry.

As time goes by some people will recognise other peoples work from the "style" of a shot, again there is nothing we can do about that but until we change the names of the entry to the actual person who submitted it, you will never be absolutely sure, that for me adds some of the fun to the competition. I often play the "I bet that photo belongs to such and such" when I am not running that round of the competition. Sometimes I am right and others I am a mile of and very pleasantly surprised. :)

Steve said:
As time goes by some people will recognise other peoples work from the "style" of a shot,

Curious isn't it that we all look through the viewfinder and press the button, but manage to stamp our own particular style on shots most of the time? Proof if it was ever needed that the medium is a great means of self-expression. :)

Missed a potential subject yesterday when I drove past a "highway robber".....sorry, speed camera van ;) . The road curved round perfectly to have made a good composition.......but I didn't have my camera :tonofbric

BTW, looking at the high calibre of shots in the "Autumn" bi-weekly shoot, if the same people enter this comp it will take one very special shot to win.

DJW said:
Missed a potential subject yesterday when I drove past a "highway robber".....sorry, speed camera van ;) . The road curved round perfectly to have made a good composition.......but I didn't have my camera :tonofbric

BTW, looking at the high calibre of shots in the "Autumn" bi-weekly shoot, if the same people enter this comp it will take one very special shot to win.

Pity. You could have stopped and took a picture, then said "There, how do YOU f***ing like it?!" :woot:

Oops missed the deadline for this one, that will teach me to be off line for so long... next time I will be quicker on the mark.

Missed the post to say they are listed in the Gallery area now. Very strict deadline as I missed entering mine by less than 18hrs & mine's not there :( Ah well, must keep reminder for next date.

yes we are strict on that Dave, nothing personal but its got to be that way!

Back