Photography Course

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone had any experience in online photography courses. I will be starting a job with a lot of travelling in the next few months so something online that I can access when mobile is probably going to be more successful that me trying to go to a local set of classes in my home town each week.

I was looking at the 'Photography Institute' - which have a course over 24 weeks that costs £500. It seems like quite a lot to pay, but if it is recognised as a good course I would be willing to. Really, I just want to get a relatively formal grounding in photography to give me a bit more confidence in my otherwise amateur photography skills.

Have any of you done online courses? Can you recommend any? How much did they cost, and how long did they take? Are there any courses I could get with a student discount? Thanks.

Mike.

I'm about to take the Open Uni phtography module (10 weeks, £185). I think it's mostly peer critique, with a couple of official assessments. I figure it'll be a good (and not too pricy) introduction to photography study, I'm planning to probably do another course after it although not sure which yet. I know a few people who've done City & Guilds courses and enjoyed them but I've not done any research into those myself yet.

Good luck whatever you choose!

I looked at a couple of these but figured anything that's online wasn't worth paying for given the resources freely available out there.

Thanks for the input, I do want to take a formal course if possible. I might as well ask are there well structured free courses out there?

Well I am hopefully going to be starting either the NC or HNC photography with Digital Imagining course in my local college.

Got my interview tomorrow (well actually given the time its today) eekk..

I dont know if I would personally do an online photography course, as I like to know I can speak to someone face to face to explain and point things out to me.

I vaguely remember a thread from a few months back talking about various course options, but I just can't find it anywhere. I might be searching the wrong section of the forum. Anyone recall the thread I mean?

Back