Votes: 24 50.0%
  • No and it’s not going to happen

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Yes, rarely

Votes: 12 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wayne

Since when does a person need a permit to walk? what a load of crap, let alone walking with like minded people. Next you will be asked for a licence to go out with your family and have leadership training first and insurance.

I have heard and read many stupid things, but this sits right on top of the sh*t pile

Sound like a friendly bunch can't think why people don't want to meet up. ;);):LOL::LOL:

(This is just lighthearted banter don't get upset.)

Last edited:
I attended a meet up once. Everyone was heavily loaded down with camera bodies and lenses; and a few had small tripods. I had a very capable p&s. Unfortunately, everyone else thought I was a newbie and treated me as such. It was all together chilly experience. The group did not meetup again. I would have continued if they had. I am sure after we got to know one another they'd have realized that I knew much more about photography than they thought I did.

Having recently moved back down South my good lady & I would like to get to know about any local meets in the Dorset/Somerset area.

Our experience with formal clubs has not been great.

Back in Scarborough I think we were spoilt as we belonged to a very informal club. We met weekly in a friend's cafe or would go out somewhere as a group and it was basically mates inviting mates who were into photography. We had a monthly photo compo which cafe customers would vote on, no subs, no hierarchy and the different skills of each member worked very well in supporting the group as a whole. We produced an annual photo calendar, sold it locally and the proceeds would go to a local charity.

Our choice of clubs is now those that meet either weekly or fortnightly with pre-set talks/activities and little else in the way of just going out, shooting and having some fun whilst learning or supporting each other. No disrespect intended to those clubs that operate that way but we just like the more informal aspect of a group of people going out and having some fun.

I miss these, I think the last one was possibly the Abbey meet with Dave in Barnsley. Sadly life gets in the way a lot but think we need to get something sorted again. John.

Back