Photography opportunities in Italy?

Edit My Images
Yes
i will hopefully be visiting Italy in the spring and was hoping you fine people could suggest areas of photographic interest please? I will be based somewhere in Tuscany and will be visiting Pitigliano which looks absolutely beautiful, so where else should I visit? I'm not too keen on large cities so Rome and the likes are out, so what else is there? Thank you in advance for your suggestions.

^^^ It's Italy... it's pretty much all beautiful!
Not quite, but a lot of it is very nice. ;)

Obviously Florence in Tuscany. ;) Pisa is nice too, and has some old parts of the city as well as the tower and the cathedral. Lucca was nice for a day out, and that's about half an hour from Pisa. Siena looks lovely, though I have never been there. The Cinque Terre is about 1.5 hours from Pisa, and spring is a good time to visit as it would not be too busy. I love the Cinque Terre. :D

Never heard of Pitigliano. I shall go and have a look. ;)

Thank you for the replies, I'll check out some of the recommendations. I'm really quite excited as it'll be the first time I've been away in over ten years! Any recommendations on language books so I can have a go at a bit of the lingo?

San Gimingano is a lovely light place, while Sienna is a very dark place. Firenze is fabulous, and the area between there & Pisa is like an even more attractive part of the Chilterns.

Back