Photography Show 2020 (Film)

Damn......

Looks like none of us are going to make it to The Photography Show, I've just had notification that the organisers have postponed it until September (no dates as yet). Sorry I won't get to meet everyone in person until later in the year, I'm gutted.
:(:sulk::(:sulk::(

Precautionary measure....OK fair enough social events are suspended to avoid the spread of this virus

BUT

I struggle to get my head around how then, parcels are still coming directly out of China ( with or without delays is irrelevant) which are as likely, if not more so, to be contaminated than folk attending the NEC
I suppose I best now barracade myself inside my home in case i am now infected from the parcel that I received this morning ….Oh hang on, I put the packaging in the communal dustbin :runaway:

Before someone chooses to bring me down in flames, I'm not naive and realise there is a certain amount of "danger" concerning this virus and its potential to cause fatalities of those infected but how can direct export from the country of origin be OK whilst mixing with Joe public down the road isn't? ....I actually don't need an answer to that, I'm simply speaking out loud!

Sorry Peter but we ( as human race) do not know for sure 100% the resiliency of this virus so therefore the potential for infection by imported goods is, imo as high ( or low if you prefer) as spending a few hours in the company of other people in a public location.

QUOTE To be sure, there isn’t research about the specific resiliency of this virus, because it is so new. But studies show that its cousin viruses, SARS and MERS, only live for few hours on the surface of an object. They are spread most often by respiratory droplets from one person to another.UNQUOTE

All is not lost for the Analogue Community!

I'm on a group chat/call at the moment (I've been on it since we got the first email from the organisers) putting together an unofficial Analogue Spotlight meet up for both Saturday and Sunday :)

We're still finalising the plans, but current discussions are around a photowalk in Birmingham City Centre on Saturday afternoon, organised by Hamish Gill/Juho from CameraRescue/Paul from Analogue Wonderland and John Whitmore @thedarkshed, to help everyone planning to go to the NEC on Saturday to still get together and say hello/shoot some film.

As a second event, we're also coordinating a day at "The Kiln" (https://thekiln.co/contact/ ) which is Hamish's shared office space business in the centre of Worcester, where I'll be going, along with everyone from the Saturday, Max from Intrepid, the Sunny 16 crew and the Large Format Photography Podcast guys. Juho is planning to livestream interviews, as well as some of the talks that were going to be happening on the Spotlight stand at TPS, and he's bringing along his 'Cambulance' from Finland with a tonne of stock for sale (y)(y)

There will be more details going out across various social media accounts this evening, including meeting points for Saturday and finalised timings for Sunday (currently looking at 11am onwards). I'll share them here as soon as I have them too.

Last edited:
I was beginning to get a little worried about going this weekend so I'm kind of relieved it's been postponed. At least we can use the tickets we already have for the rearranged date.

Unfortunately I’ve already made alternativ plans so won’t make it up to Birmingham but hopefully the rearranged date will work.

Have fun guys (y)

Unfortunately I’ve already made alternativ plans so won’t make it up to Birmingham but hopefully the rearranged date will work.

Have fun guys (y)

Sorry to hear that mate. Hopefully I can catch up with you in September though. I’ll stick the lens board spacer for your Chroma in the post this week instead [emoji1303]

Sorry to hear that mate. Hopefully I can catch up with you in September though. I’ll stick the lens board spacer for your Chroma in the post this week instead [emoji1303]
Thanks Steve, much appreciated.

There’s going to be an announcement out in a bit, but we’ve made the decision to cancel “Plan B” this weekend. The last thing anyone wants to do is cause more risk of contamination for anyone’s family or themselves so it’s not worth the risk.

See you all on the 19-22nd September for The Photography Show though [emoji1303]

Last edited:
There’s going to be an announcement out in a bit, but we’ve made the decision to cancel “Plan B” this weekend. The last thing anyone wants to do is cause more risk of contamination for anyone’s family or themselves so it’s not worth the risk.

See you all on the 19-22nd September for The Photography Show though [emoji1303]
Regretful as this is, I think this is the right thing to do.

I trust we all just got the same email saying that this years photography show has been canceled?

It looks like they ahve rearranged it for Sept 2021, and allegedly all tickets for this year are valid for next year - am I understanding this right? If so, it'd be great if we can all make it next year.

Yup, saw it. seems like a sensible option in the circumstances.

In case anyone hasn't seen it, the Photography Show has gone virtual this year and the Analogue Spotlight booth is currently live with a range of 'Booth Reps" online;

1600598433239.png

The virtual show is free to attend, you just need to register here - https://photographyshow.vfairs.com/en/hall

I'm online both days (today/tomorrow) to answer any questions, or just say hello. There's also 5% discount off anything in my shop during the show, using code TPS20

Cheers
Steve

I'm online both days (today/tomorrow) to answer any questions, or just say hello.

I've registered and seen that you are due to do "talks" both today and tomorrow but how does one actually get to see / chat with you.....No doubt I'm missing something on the virtual tour but modern tech and me tend to clash!:crying: and I so wish to see you live if only to take the p*** :exit:( joking!!)

I've registered and seen that you are due to do "talks" both today and tomorrow but how does one actually get to see / chat with you.....No doubt I'm missing something on the virtual tour but modern tech and me tend to clash!:crying: and I so wish to see you live if only to take the p*** :exit:( joking!!)

We're not doing timed/live talks, we've all pre-recorded videos which are available from the bottom of the main front page of the Analogue Spotlight Booth. This is mine (no taking the pee or I'll make your SnapShot bright pink) ;)

no taking the pee or I'll make your SnapShot bright pink) ;)

:wideyed: :wideyed::wideyed:

Having just watched the video,........ :muted: :muted::muted: :muted::muted: :muted: ( I do not want bright PINK!! :ROFLMAO:)

We're not doing timed/live talks, we've all pre-recorded videos which are available from the bottom of the main front page of the Analogue Spotlight Booth.

Well there you go, it just shows my abilities to understand how things function :facepalm:.....One has to wonder how am I gunna work the Snapshot out :thinking::LOL:

Back