Beginner photography storage

Name
Delinete Rocha
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi there,
My second memory card is becoming full.
I wonder what I could use to store my pictures.
Would anyone be able to suggest a solution?
Many thanks,
Deli

Copy them to another drive or buy another card.

Do you use a computer to do anything with your photos? I expect you will have received some software with your camera? Install it and import the photos from the memory cards to the computer using Nikon Transfer 2, having first had a think about how to organise folders on the computer in which you want to save them.

Well I think she is going to need a computer if she does not have one, otherwise it’s going to be very difficult to store and edit her photos.

Pretty sure thats not true... plus she is only asking to store.. not edit .. But we do need more info to help ....

Would anyone be able to suggest a solution?

There are many, many options. So many people are going to suggest so many different ways.

The most common are...
  • Transfer the photos from the memory card to a computer (desktop or laptop).
  • Transfer the photos from the memory card to a tablet or smartphone, if the option is possible.
  • If you don't have a computer but do have a smartphone, transfer the photos from memory card, via a friend's or a family member's computer, to a cloud based online storage services that you can access from your smartphone.
  • Keep the memory card for the future (ie: if you don't have a computer yet) and buy a new memory card.
  • Use your camera's LCD screen to review photos, delete any that you don't want (ie: blurry photos, accident photos of the floor, the ex who got in the way when you took the photo, etc.,) to free up some space on the memory card.
Plus so many other ways.

Just out of curiosity, what did you do with your first memory card Deli?

To answer the question, download the contents of card to tablet or computer... D3500 uses SD and a lot of computers have slots for SD cards - if you don't own your own computer you can use a USB stick to store images or a portable external hard drive.

if you don't own your own computer you can use a USB stick to store images or a portable external hard drive.

how would she get them onto those ? :)

10days later not sure she is all that bovvered :)

Back