Photos per day

I like my hobby but there are times when it could get in the way of life and relationships and when it could I leave it at home and get on with the more important and rewarding things. So, whilst taking pictures every day would be lovely it's not something I'm going to do to the detriment of other things.

A few per week at most, certainly not every day. May be I need to get out more ;)

How often do you take photos daily

Only when on holiday. Working full time, having young children and just general life means I can go weeks without even turning a camera on never mind actually taking a photo.

Not very often.

Well I suppose it varies. Some days I might take a thousand, or none. This week for example sat ended up around 700+ wedding pics. Sunday a model (non-work related) shoot I think I took about 130-ish. Then nothing till yesterday when I took about 6 pics of a tree... none of which I like.

How often to I take photos daily? ... Hardly ever, I mostly take my camera out a couple of times a week.
How many photos do I take in a day when I do go out? ... Around 150-400 but could be 1000+ on specific trips.

I treat my cameras as if they still had film in them, which I have to pay for. Therefore, not every day, and usually only a dozen or so a day except if I'm out at a specific place, in which case no more than 100.

Last week over 7 days, I shot two speech days, a prize giving, leavers ball, play production and wedding.

Then I photograph live music and infrequently street.

There is often times I’m shooting thousands of images daily..

Sometimes I go a week without it

Last edited:
Last week over 7 days, I shot two speech days, a prize giving, leavers ball, play production and wedding.

Then I photograph live music and infrequently street.

There is often times I’m shooting thousands of images daily..

Sometimes I go a week without it

Do you get withdrawal symptoms then Dan ? :)

That's probably a good way to describe it, I really do..

That's how I used to be with guitar - after a week on holiday I was starting to look for music shops, and after getting home the first thing I'd do would be to pick up a guitar again.

I probably average 250-400 shots per week, using the camera 3 or 4 days out of 7. On holiday it's normally between 150 and 750 shots per day, depending.

Last edited:
I take photos mostly when I feel I have something to say about something. A point.

That's often not very often.

Sometimes just for the hell of it. Sometimes in a jaded, I'd better use one of these cameras kind of way.

Last edited:
The past 3 weeks ,roughly around 4000 shots, mostly of my sons hurling teams and some soccer. Macro and Wildlife the past 3 weeks around 500 shots. But it can vary, I can have quieter weeks and hectic ones.

It varies very widely. Sometimes I might go a fortnight without taking one, other times I've shot over 4000 in a day. The later is probably more common than the former, but spells of 3 to 5 days without a shot would certainly be far more common. I probably average 15-20 thousand a year..

I go out for a walk with my camera for around 3/4 of an hour most lunchtimes during the week

It gets me away from my desk and out of the office at least :)

Last edited:
I shoot something every day..............I try to avoid the same subjects (which is difficult with wildlife), but i'm always surprised by finding something i've not seen before!

Frame numbers vary, but sometimes 50 and others run into hundreds.

It varies but usually at least one. I always carry a camera of some type and record anything interesting I see and having a pretty wide field of interests that's usually quite a bit.

Well, it depends on the kind of day. At home, I always have a few cameras on my dining room table, to take around 10 pics/day of animals in the garden.

Attending vintage car events, it depends on the number of participants for cars in action, so between 100 and 200,

Cars at rest means 4 pics/car, so depending on the number of cars present, this means between 300 and 500 pics.

On holiday, at a new location it is 200 pics/day.

So, one could call it greed or lack of diligence ... --- :D

I'm generally a weekend shooter but rarely for a whole day.
At a guess I'll take circa 400 pictures in a session which equates to about 28 seconds with the shutter firing.

I could give you the exact numbers as I file my pictures by date.

On the other hand I have better things to be getting on with... :beer:

Back