Beginner Photos Taken?

Name
Stephen
Edit My Images
Yes
Hopefully not a silly question but when you have taken your photos

You then transfer them from camera to your pc

What else can you do so others can enjoy them without taking them to the computer to look?

Cheers

My Mrs loads quite a few of mine onto her tablet and shares them with family and friends. We used to load quite a few onto Photobucket and family and friends had the password and we'd all look at each others pictures and download what we wanted but Photobucket seems a lot more hassle these days so we stopped and now just share pictures on Line and email.

Line seems very good but I don't use it myself and to be honest I wouldn't know how to do it :D My lovely Mrs does it all :D

I average about a print a week for myself and others.

Years ago we had a digital picture frame thingy and we used to take that to show people but it's all tablets and phones now.

Some of mine get printed out and hung on the wall, some get used as wallpaper on my computer and some get shared on forums (well they did until Photobucket effectively went down).

You can share them via Flickr ot Google Photos.

Depends on your audience and your personal prefs

Either online galleries, wireless sharing to the TVs, prints, books, digital photo frame, downloaded to phone/ tablet.

In the 'good old days' we had prints to put in albums, now you have loads of choice, including several variations of that single thing.

Make actual prints and share them. A bit nostalgic but very rewarding.

Agreed. Prints are great.

If all you are doing is sharing on social media and websites and/or viewing on a monitor/TV screen, a 1MP camera is all you need!

Steve.

Agreed. Prints are great.

If all you are doing is sharing on social media and websites and/or viewing on a monitor/TV screen, a 1MP camera is all you need!

Steve.

Heh if only :)

I was having a bit of a clear out the other day and viewing the full size pics from my first digital camera (Casio QV10a a whopping 320x200 pixels) on my 5K monitor made me realise just how far we have come.

Postage stamps are bigger!

To the OP - we tend to email / whatsapp stuff around now and use Flickr for family. Some prints on wall but they don't get changed all that often to be honest.

Last edited:
I upload mine to Google Photos as a backup but also means I can share them with others so they can see them on their own device.

For people to biew on a device ise flickr, dropbox etc.
In the home you can share a folder on a laptop / tower PC for smart devices to have access to. Even my TV can access them !
A portable Hrad Drive on USB lead into back of TV is another option.

Maybe the best and definitely the most expensive is to have a NAS drive. You can copy and paste to this drive from any where in the world via an App or internet browser.

Mine are all in 'albums' on the PC but for major events like holidays, birthdays etc I will get them printed in a photobook. Usually from somewhere like Photobox. These can then be shown to family and friends and the kids love looking through them. I also tend to do a book as a bit of an snapshot of the year. so 'Our Year 2016' type of thing, with a selection of our fav images.

Back