Photos

Edit My Images
Yes
http://www.thephotographyforums.com/gallery/album63
http://www.thephotographyforums.com/gallery/album62

Posted a couple of albums and would like to know what you guys think. All of them have had the following done to them auto levels, auto contrast and auto colour some have been cropt

The Otters are from the Otter Trust in Earsham in Suffolk a great place to go to but you must be on your toes as they can move a bit quick!!!!!

The beach shots are from Lowestoft and Punch and Judy is from Southwold.

DaveyUk, im planning a trip to Earsham probably for next weekend ! After visiting their Devon/Cornwall branch, and with my thing for taking pics of Otters ! LOL

Im sorry, have to say, a lot of the pictures in your gallery seem out of focus, or very soft. The red bin and chair one leaps out as being OOF, to the point i cant actually see an in focus point on the picture ?

There are a few good ones, though.

Which camera are you using for these ? Just trying to think what would cause these problems !! is it a DSLR ?

I agree, Davey isn't getting anything like the quality and sharpness he should be getting from either the 300D or 350D. :headshake

Don't fret Davy it looks like a very basic focusing problem, and/or simple old camera shake - both easily sorted. Let us know what Mode you normally use the camera in and I'm sure we can help you out. :)

Ian
Otters where taken with my 300D with my 28-300 some of them with my TC still getting used to the TC. TC plus lens would have been manual focus but with just the lens would have been auto focus.

Beach photos are a mix of my 300D/350D with either my 28-135 or 28-300 lens both set to auto focus I should also say that both lenses have skylights.

So I think the soft/out of focus shots could be down to me getting used to the TC and going back to the good old days of manual focus.

Yes you must go there look out for the pig farm depending on which way you're coming from do a left or riight off the A146 then first right and it's up on the left. Snack feeding times are 12 and 3pm

Hmm, yeah if you are having to use manual focus that could explain it, as neither cameras by default have a manual focus screen, and with the mix of chasing fast moving otters, manual focus and using the TC it could well be camera shake as CT has said ! Is a shame because there are a lot of pictures there that have potential !

I guess its just a matter of practice practice practice etc ! May pay to sit in the garden with the TC on and just snap away, try fixed and moving objects, beauty of digital photography is basically free once you have the kit so waste the contents of a couple of cards and just see if you can spot where the focus points are, and have a play :)

Thanks for the directions ! :) Not sure which day we are going to go yet.

Back