Photoshop Alternatives - Non Subscription

It corrects the lens profile Just fine however it does not apply the Fuji colour Profiles and settings, velvia etc, as set on the camera.
It can adjust an image quite well but compared to the Photoshop raw processor, #it is extremely slow to make changes, and changes lag behind sliders.#
It can also only process one raw at a time. so unlike photoshop you can not process a multiple set of images to the same values. which is vital when processing raws for stitching.
I am sure there must be a way of saving settings as a profile but I have not found it.

Using Photoshop raw, I can open as many raw files as I like and process them all at the same time, and then go through them again to make minor individual adjustments. before saving them.

#
EDIT have now switched rendering to WARP and now sliders are effective in near real time.
Thanks Terry,makes sense what you say, I didn’t realise that LR holds the Fuji colour profiles,are they the true Fuji ones or approxamates?ps didn’t realise affinity had a Star Trek mode lol,

Last edited:
It's always best to try out the alternatives and see what works for you. Back in the CS6 days, I really wanted to like Adobe's raw conversions, but when I compared the results to what I was getting with Nikon's own converters, Adobe's conversions were just a bit lacking. Even with the camera matching profiles, the colours were a bit off compared to what I was used to, which would have meant more work to get them the way I liked them. The only converter that impressed me at the time when compared to Nikon's was Capture One. ACR was good at recovering blown highlights, though.
Ive just downloaded Canon raw processor,shall have a go with that,then take into AP if need any pixel edits and /or then in to Apple photos for Cato.gueing

Luminar AI is pretty good. I still like Lightroom and Photoshop but Luminar is pretty good for editing photos. You can either get a subscription or just buy it outright.

Lightzone has a similar layout as Lightroom and is available as a download for a couple of $ donation. I used it for a year or so and there are a few tutorials on youTube. I only moved to LR as I get it free with my job.

I use ON1 myself. It's a comprehensive RAW-editing program. I've used Lightroom, but for me it would have no processing advantages over ON1. Personally I can wait 3 years or more before updating ON1, so much less expensive than Lightroom.

I use ON1 myself. It's a comprehensive RAW-editing program. I've used Lightroom, but for me it would have no processing advantages over ON1. Personally I can wait 3 years or more before updating ON1, so much less expensive than Lightroom.

I liked on1 raw on trial- a lot. Ultimately it had a lot of things I wouldn't use and didn't quite present the things I do use as readily as DXO PL4 but for the money it's probably unsurpassed.

It really is a one stop shop and the way all the edits are saved in sidecars, rather than bulky awkward catalogues makes backing up a lot easier. Throw in its performance (it will take advantage of a multi core, and indeed multi CPU machine) unlike LR at present and it is ideal for those who run high core PC's.

Back