Photoshop CS practice , B4 and after

Edit My Images
Yes
let me know what u think so far, here is a b4 and after

EPV0161_Medium.jpg

EPV0162aa_Medium.jpg

the pic has been uploaded in Raw into PS , raised the exposure about 1/3 of a stop ,
then rotated to straighten the horizon, add a little more contrast and saturation,
then proceded to clone out the horrible wooden railings on the beachfront, a post in the sea, a person from the middle of the trees ( hard to spot anyway ) and some colourfull beachbeds right in the distance between the trees,

what do you think of my attempt at makeing a better pic

MyPix :)

I prefer the sky in the before image to that of the after.

why not make the best of both worlds, make a selection of the sky areas, and invert it, then carry out the same adjustments to bring back the detail on the grass areas.

Nice image all the same, it sure isn't blackpool!!!!

digitalfailure said:
I prefer the sky in the before image to that of the after.

why not make the best of both worlds, make a selection of the sky areas, and invert it, then carry out the same adjustments to bring back the detail on the grass areas.

Nice image all the same, it sure isn't blackpool!!!!

cool............................but nobody has done a tutorial on that process yet, lol

tell me how ( including what buttons to press, lol ) and i will have a go

MyPix :wink:

Go out and buy this months copy of Digital Photo magazine, i'm pretty sure that there is a video tutorial on that vert technique..........EosD, can you check that?

;)

i will do.....just printing my landscapes for that round...

digitalfailure said:
Go out and buy this months copy of Digital Photo magazine, i'm pretty sure that there is a video tutorial on that vert technique..........EosD, can you check that?

;)

hmm, that involvs spending a fiver on a mag, which i'm morally oposed to, lol

no worries, i will muddle through

MyPix

EosD said:

Is it by chance the subject for this round of the competition in the mag? I have a few from last week that may be worthy of entering :LOL:

Steve said:
EosD said:

Is it by chance the subject for this round of the competition in the mag? I have a few from last week that may be worthy of entering :LOL:

What gave you that idea?

/runs

your both lucky
im rubbish at landscapes, so neither of you got subjected to the normal barrage of piccies.....

I prefer the colors in the first one, but the clone you make in the beachfront, straighten the horizon, etc. Its pretty well.

I think the after looks much better - but i would like to see it with the fence back in :)

Nice changes, subtle but effective. I'm surprised you weren't tempted to remove the boat(?) from the sea line as well...

phase_k said:
Nice changes, subtle but effective. I'm surprised you weren't tempted to remove the boat(?) from the sea line as well...

i have in later atempts, the ' boat ' is actually boats, which have been scuttled just off shore ( 200mts ) to create a reef for fish, they were old whaling ships, about 6 of em , apropriot end , dont u think

MP 8)

Back