Photoshop- what sort of laptop do you use?

Edit My Images
Yes
hi, I'm a newbie with Nikon D40x starting the OU photography and digital imaging course tomorrow. My 5 yrs old Dell is dying so i need a new laptop sharpish.
I want a pc rather than mac.
What does everyone use? Not necessarily the exact model but what features it should have.
Eg. What screen res do i need? Special graphics card? Ram?
My current laptop is so slow, i want something that i dont have to wait for, is that the processor that does that?
Any techies out there?
any advice gratefully received
many thanks in advance
tango

Basically you want a Core2Duo processor (as fast as you can afford), at least 2gb ram (preferably although 1gb would do in a pinch), a large hard drive and preferably a graphics card with independant memory, at least 256mb that should allow you to run pretty much anything out there, the screen quality is quite important and you would need to profile it to make sure what you see on the screen is what prints out. Apparently the new Dells are pretty good, but i cant really comment as i have never used one.

I use a Dell XPS M170
once the monitor was profiled - works a treat

Make doubly, triply sure that the screen has an adequate range of adjustment to allow the colours to be properly calibrated. Many laptops and flat panel monitors aren't very good in this respect.

Back