Photoshop

shrimperblue

Suspended / Banned
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Hello,

Can someone please advise me what photoshop I should ideally be looking to use and also what a nicely priced option would be? For a well spec'd PC but not a high budget!

Thank you (y)

Are you a student of any kind?

i paid £270 for my PC at xmas. its a 2.3 Dual Core processor, then i paid out for an extra 3gb of Ram, pc runs photoshop fine aswell as some other demanding programs i run at home.

I've got Photoshop CS3 at home aswell, so try and get that or a copy of CS2

Depends how much you want to spend...

Photoshop CS3 is the mutts wotsits...

Elements 6 is the "cheaper" version, but includes elements of photoshop (clever name huh ;))

OR.. Free programs, like GIMP or Picasa (Gimp is far more in depth, but harder to use) I've got no experience of GIMP, but I've heard good things.

If you're a student of any kind you can get the student discount on CS3, which takes about £500 off the price I think!

Is the student CS3 still the full version?

Yes, but the license becomes invalid after you finish school.
With Microsoft's Office for students, you can use it for personal, non-commercial purposes even after you finish school but you can't do that with Adobe's student licensed programs. Sucks... almost got myself a Photoshop license, but after I found that out, I changed my mind.

So I'm using the GIMP and sometimes Corel Photo-Paint 11.
For raw files, RawTherapee, UFRaw, Nikon ViewNX or dcraw (dcraw only occasionaly).

Hi all. Thanks. I am not a student....so im looking at a nice high price then?!

Hi all. Thanks. I am not a student....so im looking at a nice high price then?!

Afraid so, around £500 for the full version of Photoshop CS3.

I'd seriously consider Photoshop Elements as Mattyh suggests. It's a slimmed down version of Photoshop but still contains all you'll need for photo editing and manipulation. Best of all it'll only cost you around £60 ;)

Back