Photshop CC edit history

Name
Alex
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi everyone,
This might be a doping question, but I cant find the answer anywhere :)

I normally use LR for just about all my editing, but as I have Adobe CC I thought I would have a bit of a play with PS.
I was trying some of the art filters, and have being trying different effects to turn a photo into an art looking image to print on canvas.

One image I seemed to have got a look I am pleased with, but for the life of me I cant find a history tab that shows what filter ans settings I have used! So I can use it on another image.

In LR you can see each of the edits applied, is there a way of seeing the same sort of thing in PS?

Cheers for any help or advice.

My history tab is next to channels which is under the layers panel.

If you can't see it there they click Window->History (ticked) then position it wherever you want it.

Hi, thanks for getting back to me.

Yes I can see that, but the info is quite limited, it just says filter gallery, but not which one I used :)
I guess I have got used to LR, I will just have to click my way through all the filters again until I fine the one I used ha ha.

I should have paid a bit more attention, but was just playing around, to see what I could use PS a bit more for.

Hi Alex can you not use the step back method to see what you did?

history shows what you did in the order you did it. sometimes it is lacking in actual detail.
it is mostly used to step back to a point in that history... everything you did after that point will be removed from the image.

I hate the fact that i can only seem to remove (from the history) one point at a time & I can't block delete a whole load of stuff.

I hate the fact that i can only seem to remove (from the history) one point at a time & I can't block delete a whole load of stuff.

You can go back to any point, but everything after that point is removed from the image. It is not a list of actions it is a point in time.
You can however take a snapshot at any point as you are working .

If you put the image back up in Lightroom you go to develop module >edit >undo if you have no history then you need to go to Lightroom catalogue settings in that menu select metadata and check the 3rd box save settings to Xmp this saves a small file called a sidecar file which has the changes you made in it so that when you recall a photo in the develope module the history is there hope that helps ..Mike sorry alex this fix is for lightroom the only way you can see your history in ps is to save as a psd file i thnk tif also works but not sure?

Last edited:
Back