Pic(s) you took today - an open thread

We're still self isolating.

Mrs WW has taken to planting stuff and every inch of window space seems to be taken up now. Here she is watering the spring onions in the window in the spare room. The orchid is next and will then be back in the window.

iZOgecN.jpg

zpL5Ppc.jpg

This is one thing that'll continue after the lock down is over. Or should that be if it's ever over.

Hi, took a few pics in the garden (Leica M9 - LEITZ (Leica) Tele-Elmarit-M 2,8/90).

With corona, the garden appears in a different light, being a place where you can be outside, undisturbed ... --- :

(I made a mistake when selecting my parents - I should have taken those with the manor and the park. Beginner's mistake ( :LOL: ) ... )

L1021697_DxO-L901-28-tp.jpg

L1021698_DxO-L901-28-tp.jpg

L1021707_DxO-L901-28-c-tp.jpg

Last edited:
We haven't got any flowers in the garden yet. We had some lovely wild flowers on the lawn but the grass was getting too long and I had to mow them. One thing we must do when the lockdown lifts is buy a packet of wild flower seeds and plant them in some tubs.

We haven't got any flowers in the garden yet. We had some lovely wild flowers on the lawn but the grass was getting too long and I had to mow them. One thing we must do when the lockdown lifts is buy a packet of wild flower seeds and plant them in some tubs.

Hi, the weather here in South-West Germany has been very warm, and much too dry. We have had spells of over 25 degrees Celsius, almost summer-like.

There are flowers in the garden, but the weeds grow best, as usual ...

Something a little different: on another thread we were discussing the carrying of computers along with our cameras so here's one of my bags with a computer in it...

Lowepro Messenger 150 bag with iPad GM5 P1050656.jpg

Hi, spot the kestrel ! ;)

D80_9692-s150c-tp.jpg

Birds in the garden are easier :

D80_9697-s150c-tp.jpg

And much easier than insects using a macro, If it Moves ... ! I have macro lenses, but I use them just for close-ups ... ---

Hi, I wanted to take lilac pics in my garden :

DSC06243-a7r2-3-z100m-c-tp.jpg

But it was windy outside ... :

DSC06242-a7r2-3-z100m-c-tp.jpg

So, I played with my macro lenses (SONY A7R2 - LEITZ (Leica) Macro-Elmarit 2,8/60) :

DSC06250-a7r2-3-L60m-28-tp.jpg

ZEISS Makro-Planar 2/50 ZF.2 :

DSC06230-a7r2-3-z50m-2-tp.jpg

ZEISS Makro-Planar 2/100 ZF.2 :

DSC06247-a7r2-3-z100m-tp.jpg

Focussing a manual macro lens is not much fun. But if I bought an AF one, I would use them even less, I suppose ... ---

I sat in the sun on the lawn for a few minutes today and it was lovely. A 200-800mm equivalent lens doesn't give a lot of depth at f8-11 and initially I thought I wasn't taking any pictures that'd survive processing but now on a dark evening they bring back the sunny moments on the lawn. I've been putting off cutting it as I love the wild flowers so I'll enjoy them for a few more days and then reluctantly get the mower out.

kQ3sZOK.jpg

RccitsN.jpg

eZXhF5L.jpg

1 11 24 April (22).jpgTook the rabbit for a walk today!

ResizerImage536X357.jpg

PS. My wife is visiting/exercising in different areas of our small town, a couple of days a week to give the children something to talk about. She's 75 and I can't keep the hutch closed!

Last edited:
I wish it was possible to give that more than one like :D

What a bizarre but lovely sight :D

Back