L1021730_DxO-v75-18-tp.jpg

At home, from the azalea in my garden :

L1021732_DxO-v75-18-c-tp.jpg

DSC02114-nex5-L21-28-c-tp.jpg

Hawthorn :

DSC02123-nex5-L21-8-c-tp.jpg

Basima was bored ... :

L1021737_DxO-v75-18-c-tp.jpg

Lockdown fun. A build it yourself "retro car" with a plastic windup mechanism :D

qpv2oAR.jpg

In6RxZ3.jpg

It didn't take long to build and we played with it to see if it ran straight and it did :D

I took this today. It's just a quick snap of Mrs WW tending the pot plants, we'll send the snap to her mam.

MIFUW88.jpg

So, imagine my surprise when I realised I'd snapped a real fairy!

100% crop from the above...

zkOKtWo.jpg

See! They do exist!

Last edited:
I haven't been two minutes walk from home for weeks now. I'm looking forward to it.

The hill as seen from our bedroom window. One place I'd like to go :D

jqM4fGg.jpg

I'm hoping to get there before the bluebells are done for this year.

Last edited:
Hi, the first rose in my garden this year (SONY NEX5N - Leica Elmarit 2,8/21 asph.) :

DSC02125-nex5-L21-28-c-tp.jpg

And then I cut it off, and put it in a vase ... --- :

DSC02131-nex5-L21-28-c-tp.jpg

DSC02133-nex5-L21-28-c-tp.jpg

I am essentially an outdoors person- most of my working life was spent outside. This self-isolation is seriously doing my head in. Now it is pouring with rain and I cannot even go in the garden. Oh. well. There is a spider in the bathroom.
spider-1.jpgspider-2.jpg

This afternoon, my attack beagle treed (or posted, I suppose) this squirrel in the back yard.

IMG_4209a_web.jpg
Wildlife photography is hard. I actually had to get up, out of my chair, to get this shot.

IMG_4149_web.jpg
This, on the other hand, was shot while sitting at my desk. It comes from my 'Roll End' collection.

It's been a while since I used the camera I shot these with. When I went to look at that squirrel picture, the only other images on the card were roll ends.

In the 35mm days, after you loaded the film, you'd shut the back and fire off 3 or 4 frames to pull unexposed film off the spool. When that roll was developed, you'd end up with a frame, frame and a half of picture at the right end. Mostly pictures of my feet, but occasionally you'd see one and think, hey, that's kind of cool.

With digital, there's no film ends, but I still have a need to dry fire a camera once in a while. And with auto focus, my hit rate is way better. Got a whole folder of images I call roll ends.

Last edited:
It rained all day today but i took this on my walk yesterday if that counts.....

Sure! I like canals ... ---

A walk in the country (SONY NEX5N- FE 2,8/35) :

DSC02140-nex5-s35.jpg

Wine is growing :

DSC02138-nex5-s35-28.jpg

Just a few apple tree blossoms left :

DSC02143-nex5-s35.jpg

No rain for over 6 weeks. The farmer is worried if he will be able to sell his gourmet-cherries, when restaurants remain closed ... :

DSC02148-nex5-s35.jpg

Hi, @drsilver - I used to have red squirrels in my garden up to last year. But building activities, cutting down of trees and a change in bird populations made them move somewhere else.

I miss them very much ...

Roll-End pics: I had the same experiences. Typically, I used one film/day when on holiday. And the last few, typically featured my dog ... ---

@All : Thank you for your contributions! I think we have a nice variety of subjects and styles here. When I started this thread, I felt uncertain how it would develop, of course.

It is nice, let's keep it up ...:)

In the 35mm days, after you loaded the film, you'd shut the back and fire off 3 or 4 frames to pull unexposed film off the spool. When that roll was developed, you'd end up with a frame, frame and a half of picture at the right end. Mostly pictures of my feet, but occasionally you'd see one and think, hey, that's kind of cool.

With digital, there's no film ends, but I still have a need to dry fire a camera once in a while. And with auto focus, my hit rate is way better. Got a whole folder of images I call roll ends.

My modern equivalent is the shot I take after cleaning he sensor, just to make sure everything still works.

@All : Thank you for your contributions! I think we have a nice variety of subjects and styles here. When I started this thread, I felt uncertain how it would develop, of course.

It is nice, let's keep it up ...:)

Sorry for a third post without pictures as I haven't taken any today as we're in isolation and it's raining. Anyway. Thank you for the thread. I try to look every day and I do find it interesting and a little inspiring. It's also a little peep into another persons day :D

Last edited:
The back garden is as far as I've been for weeks now. Today I stepped out for a moment to see the rainbow.

TBJAViP.jpg

You can just about see at the bottom there how far behind our plants are compared to some of yours. I've been putting off cutting the grass as I love the dandelions and daisies.

Last edited:
A few more from my time spent sat on the garden bench this afternoon.

dZnR7GP.jpg

bV47peX.jpg

IRDZRcm.jpg

Sometimes I think I've taken pictures just for something to do but I try and tell myself that I must have seen something there that caught my interest. I nearly deleted these but after having them on a slideshow today I've decided there is something there and I quite like them. I like the first one as it seems a bit smokey and dreamy :D I think there's a moth hiding in the last one that I didn't spot at the time.

Last edited:
New camera (to me) arrived today so I had to do some test shots.

This fella is 38 years old and has my side of the bed. Oddly, the camera that took the shot is 38 too.

2020-05-01-TriX400-CanonF1-11.jpg

Back