Pic(s) you took today - an open thread

Very nice it is too ! These images look very filmic Nev , What were they taken on ?

I think you're right Brad, they do have a certain quality to them. It wasn't intentional. In fact they were taken using a Fujifilm XT3 and the Classic Chrome simulation. I think a lot of it is down to using the light and colour. It's a very warm subject anyway with some lovely tones.

We sometimes walk through the local cemetery. Tomorrow we'll take some nuts for the many squirrels who live here.

Flat light, glare and spotting on.

DSC03476.JPG

War graves.

DSC03482.JPG

On to Locke Park at Redcar. The weather was a little better but still pretty much a white out sky.

DSC03488.JPG

DSC03494.JPG

Some welcome colour :D

DSC03504.jpg

Last edited:
out for a walk around our local lac, in the Aude, S. France. We had rain yesterday for the first time in weeks but not a lot so still waiting for the real flush of fungi to photograph, but was not let down by the Hypholoma fasciculare, Sulpher tuft, often shows up first.

sulpher-tufts-sml.jpg

Went out to the Ira monger raanch near Fossil again yesterday. Got picture's last trip that didn't do much for me. This one is a photo I got in 1999 with my Yashica 635 and made Shutter Biugs, Talking Picture's with. back then the white paint on the house was in a lot better shape and the roof was in fairl decent shape and red colored all over. her it is 24 yrs later and mother earth is slowly taking it home! The origional of this was one of my most liked picture's ever.

Here's the 1999 version with the Yashica 635

Just imagine if these old places could talk!

Last edited:
I'm drawn to bright colours hence this strange photo of 4.5mm steel BB's. I use them as a Environmentally friendly alternative to Lead pellets as I only shoot over a short distance they work fine.

BB.JPG

and the job of the day after going shopping and dog walking ( which I'm about to do again) was to bring my pond fish in as over winter I intend to increase the pond size and make it more wildlife friendly. The original pond is not very deep so may have hurt the fish if we had a good cold spell.

fish.JPG

Last edited:
Back